Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

******** Saturday Morning Thread *******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Ill try to get some pictures posted tonight. I have this one on my phone right now. Its a Jason kubel game used bat. The foil lettering is all on gold so I had him use a gold Sharpie and it turned out great. Ran into @TBTwinsFan as well. Bought a mystery ball from the wives booth today and it was Jamey Carroll. I really liked the way he played for the Twins. I really enjoyed the whole experience other than spending too much money lol. Also, here's a picture of target field while it was snowing last night
Sounds like it was a great time! Any pics of you and Taylor?
Someone just listed this for half the going current asking prices on eBay. Needless I jumped at it
View attachment 29169
Can't beat a Sweet Spot at half off, congrats!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
mornin' y'all! headed to my first cardshow ever this morning at the villages in ocala florida! very excited! hopefully its not 100% elderly people looking to get their medical bills paid for with their 1953 topps set... wish me luck!

Took my son to his first real card show today. Hope you enjoyed yours as much as he did.

Good morning all. We are going to see my step-dad today. He was told Wednesday he has a few days to a week or so to live. He found out about 2 months ago he has cancer in his prostate, liver, etc. My mother says he isn't doing good. Had to explain to my six year old that he was very sick and give her some warning that he probably wont look the same when we see him today. I am hoping she will take this well as she really likes her Papa Roy. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers today if you don't mind.

Prayers and thoughts with you and your family.

Have fun at the show!

Not sure if you have fcb access on your phone, but if so I'd appreciate you keeping an eye out for any Dave Nicholson Astros items...8x10s...postcards, et al

Sorry, didn't check FCB until I got home.

1995Finest330AndreDawson.jpg

Am I the only one that collects these with the words right side up, upside down, and peeled?

Howdy! Time for lunch!

Mail day today included these:

View attachment 29134

Hope all is well with everyone. I removed the defective blower from my car this morning but need to wait until middle of next week for the replacement to arrive. Good thing I can work my schedule around the wife and kids and we can get by on just one car next week until I finish fixing the issue!

Nice mail day

Just received a couple trades from some of our MT dudes :) Sorry for the large scans on the PC fellas...

From @CatdaddysCards - Thanks a ton for the extra Nick Franklin and Brad Miller autograph you threw in!
new10.jpg
new12.jpg

new11.jpg
new13.jpg

From @michaelstepper - My largest trade of the year so far. Thanks a ton for working out this deal Michael, I am very pleased to add all of these Felix cards to my PC as I didn't have any besides the Titanic jumbo and the Catfish Hunter fits perfectly well in my HOF/Vet auto PC too :)
new01.jpg
new03.jpg

new09.jpg
new02.jpg

new08.jpg

new07.jpg
new06.jpg

new05.jpg
new04.jpg

I also purchased these recently that I received this week as well. Montero is cheap at the moment and I'm picking up a lot of Zunino stuff as well:
new14.jpg
new15.jpg

new16.jpg
new17.jpg

The gold was from Steve (catdaddy) from the Echelon thread awhile back and I have been working on the set. I have a blue on its way this week:
org10.jpg
org9.jpg

org7.jpg
org8.jpg

Nice trades!

Ill try to get some pictures posted tonight. I have this one on my phone right now. Its a Jason kubel game used bat. The foil lettering is all on gold so I had him use a gold Sharpie and it turned out great. Ran into @TBTwinsFan as well. Bought a mystery ball from the wives booth today and it was Jamey Carroll. I really liked the way he played for the Twins. I really enjoyed the whole experience other than spending too much money lol. Also, here's a picture of target field while it was snowing last night

Sounds like you had a great time, cant wait to see some pics.

Someone just listed this for half the going current asking prices on eBay. Needless I jumped at it
View attachment 29169

Can't beat a sweet spot for half off.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Yeah! There's at least 3 members I know of that went to twins fest. Any meet ups?

Met up with Taylor today. Yesterday I hung out with [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] for a bit. Ended up buying a Ron Gardenhire bobblehead and a mini metropolitan stadium at the show. I could have gone broke at the show

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
If I counted right, I received 32 autographs from the signers, with 3 if those being for a couple of others. My sister got a twins cookbook signed by Josh Willingham and I got an MLB authenticated ball signed by Jamey Carroll in a mystery ball bag from the Twins wives. I was really hoping for a Morneau lol. Then a dealer had a a mystery bag that came with 10 Twins items for $10 with an auto. I wasn't expecting much. I got a Greg Gagne signed 1987 Topps in mine

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION]

Not a big deal. Just thought I'd post in case you saw it.

The best place to find obscure regional issues is in the region they were issued :lol:

Did your son have fun?

Did you find anything good?

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Headed out for a lovely evening walk in clear skied southeast AK. Days/nights like this I know why I live here. Then taking her out to dinner at a Chinese place. Here's a pic from my front porch this morning
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1390702663.276032.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
@Hawk8

Not a big deal. Just thought I'd post in case you saw it.

The best place to find obscure regional issues is in the region they were issued :lol:

Did your son have fun?

Did you find anything good?

I did not pick up much for myself. Got a nice looking rookie for a good price, a 2010 Topps Tribute Auto/Bat #/75, and a 2011 ITG jersey with stitching. Will get some picks up hopefully tomorrow.

The highlight of the day was my son picking up some awesome Drew Brees cards for great prices. A lot of dealers had Drew Brees cards in .25, .50, $1 and $3 boxes and some dealers were asking book so we dug through the bargain boxes. We picked up 39 serial numbered Brees for $1 each, 10 non serial numbered refractors for $1 each, 8 jersey cards for $3 each, 9 rookie cards all for a good price and some for $1, a Drew Brees lego figure which I thought was over priced at $12 but he loves Drew Bress and legos but I won't let him open it, his first graded card - a Beckett 9.5 Upper Deck Rookie, a handful of "cool" looking cards such as die cuts and clears and minis ect, a handful of extra commons that we picked up for a good price, and we managed to pick up two cameo cards, one of them serial numbered. We also saw a lot of other very nice Brees cards that are out of "his" price range as of now. He had a blast and so did my dad. It was a challenge to keep up with the both of them and get to each table before they closed but we did it. A couple of observations, they should open up earlier (opened at 10AM), I could have done a lot more digging through boxes today which brings me to another observation, most of today's dealers do not organize their cards, and my third observation is that the prices of tables to set up is freaking ridiculous, no wonder shows are not as big as they used to be. Over all a very good day with my dad and son.

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It can be a big pain to try and look through an unorganized box.

The fees are because of what the venues charge now unfortunately.

Wouldn't mine taking more time to dig if the show was opened longer but I was not going to rent a hotel room and pay admission prices for two days, but it would be nice if the dealers would do some organizing, I always had my cards organized when I was dealing.

Between the internet and the cost of tables, it's no wonder the state of the hobby has declined, I know these aren't the only factors that have led the hobby to where it is now, but they have certainly helped.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Hello everyone. Got some scans done tonight. It never seems to end. Hope everyone is good.
broderMatt0001.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good Day.

Met up with [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] today at the Fest. Got some graphs, and had some laughs! (Whoa, that came out of no where. I'm tired haha).

Anyway, I'm beat so I'm going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts