Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Vintage Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thanks, everyone! I always feel like I'm getting three cards for the price of one when I buy these. I've got a couple more coming in for teams I don't have.
DANNY

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If anyone on here has a Lasorda 1954 in so-so condition in the $20 range, plmk. Obviously just looking for a VG type card not a Nrmt etc.

Thanks
Ryan

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Picked up my 2nd N172 (also have Ned Williamson). I really like these cards, would like to finish the Cubs team set in the very distant future which would include the very expensive Cap Anson card.

Had the 2nd highest bid in about 7 other vintage auctions tonight, but unfortunately couldn't pull anything else in

DalyN172.jpg

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Great addition! Those vintage cards take some time and money to get!!!
DANNY

Picked up my 2nd N172 (also have Ned Williamson). I really like these cards, would like to finish the Cubs team set in the very distant future which would include the very expensive Cap Anson card.

Had the 2nd highest bid in about 7 other vintage auctions tonight, but unfortunately couldn't pull anything else in

DalyN172.jpg

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008

DalyN172.jpg

So pretty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
With these, I should have at least one card with a player with each of the existing teams!
Dooin Gets His Man/Dooin/Doolan - Phillies
Carrigan Blocks His Man/Wagner/Carrigan - Red Sox
Moriarity Spiked/Willett/Stanage - Tigers
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Found another Yankee/Highlander T202, as Hal Chase is depicted in the middle section! This MIGHT be the last Yankee I need!

DANNY

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Massive pickup for my type set. Been waiting this one out for about two years. There has been two copies list at 250 on and off and one went to auction and ended about 200 a year and a half ago. Probstein listed this one and the auction went clean! And cheap!

Huge score for the type set for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470617170.943646.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This was a great vintage photo of Hack Wilson and his son I bought, an image I hadn't seen before. It's not a Type 1 photo, but a Type 2 (later printing from original negative). Love the smile on Hack and especially his son Robert, the vintage Louisville Slugger bats, and Hack's Brooklyn uniform and cleats.

s-l1200.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts