Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mariners and Dodgers talking trade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If they acquire Ethier, there's absolutely no way all three of those guys remain in Seattle's system.

I'd like to see Hultzen stay in Seattle, since I dont think he would be playing in LA this year. In Seattle, I think he has a good chance of playing this season.

Paxton and Walker I could definitely see going in an Ethier deal.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I understand Seattle wanting Ethier, but neither of those pitchers are particularly good.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I hope they keep all 3 and leave Ethier alone. Jesus....Trade Crawford. Ethier is TRUE BLUE!!

Not 100% True Blue..

228f5405-9673-4927-9d5a-9cfff8032ac7.jpg

;)

I have a friend who named her dog after Andre Ethier. She was close to tears when the Dodgers were thinking of trading him and signing Torii Hunter. This is bad bad bad news for her!

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I understand Seattle wanting Ethier, but neither of those pitchers are particularly good.

Capuano had a great year last season...3.72ERA 1.22WHIP and a K/BB of 3 in nearly 200 innings. That's only going to get better in Safeco.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Do you think so? Aren't they renovating the outfield? Making it more of a hitters park?
I doubt it will make a huge difference, furthest they are moving it in is 14 feet at CF if i'm not mistaken...so at the very worse he will have a very similar season to last if he goes to Seattle.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Capuano had a great year last season...3.72ERA 1.22WHIP and a K/BB of 3 in nearly 200 innings. That's only going to get better in Safeco.

I wouldn't be too confident in Capuano putting up those kind of numbers again. I saw him pitch a lot of games in the NL Central and he generally ranged from mediocre to glorified batting practice.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
J.P. - I know all three wouldn't go. Just hoping none of the 3 won't go.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I doubt it will make a huge difference, furthest they are moving it in is 14 feet at CF if i'm not mistaken...so at the very worse he will have a very similar season to last if he goes to Seattle.

He absolutely would NOT get better pitching in Seattle. The NL West is the best place in baseball to pitch. AL west, one of the worst.

This trade makes ZERO sense to me for the Mariners, unless they are taking on Capuano and Harang as salary dumps. If that is the case, and the prospect haul isn't any more than say Paxton and a b level guy, than more power to em.

skrip

Last edited:

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Ethier would be nice, but he's not exactly cheap, and he's locked up into his late 30's; the other two players mostly engender blank stares from me. This deal could definitely happen without involving Walker/Hultzen/Paxton. The M's system is pretty damn loaded. I'm not really a fan of this deal unless NONE of the prospects mentioned are involved. In fact, I'd say Nick Franklin is the only one of the M's top 6 I'd be ok with losing in this deal. I want Zunino to be catching Walker, Hultzen, Paxton and Maurer in Tacoma, then Seattle this season.

Members online

Latest posts