Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Leaf Rize the official name now? 4,700+ auctions on eBay and Rize is on Leaf's product page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
@cgilmo

I've been booted for less...........

God Bless America!!!
[MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION]

6a00d8341bf80c53ef014e87e5edb7970d-320wi

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Licensing confuses so many people, its essentially meaningless. This post is just another example.

As BG said these cards are indeed licensed.

No, licensing doesn't confuse "so many people". I'm obviously talking about being licensed by the MLB, which is exclusive to Topps of course. Listen, I could put together drawings of players done by 5 year olds, with on card autos from prospects, and could get them licensed.

Spare me the BS if you don't mind. Obviously this stuff is licensed--but it doesn't give an ounce to the credibility of the product-or should I say products (as in what, 4 or 5 Leaf prospect based products now?). I was a fan when it was just Leaf Valiant and Leaf Draft, but this has gotten way out of hand.

**Disclaimer** This is all my opinion

Last edited:

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Not to spite opinion here, but LEAF is a business looking to make money. We can all chose what we like and what to buy, and I fail to see how anything 'Rize' related is going to hamper the hobby at all save for perhaps reflecting poorly on the LEAF trademark. This, other that potential wordsmiths making something out of what BG may have said or implied, is really meaningless. Who really cares? I mean really cares other than to chew the fat? Does anyone really think because LEAF Rize cards are out there that it is going to lessen the value of your 'other' brand cards? Lol, No....

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Our position has not changed. This product is a "private label" product produced for RIZE utilizing Leaf's licensing (yes, it is player licensing) and autograph contracts.
Your position in the original thread from last year, was that you'd have your legal staff order eBay to remove any auctions with the title "Leaf Rize" in them.
If your position has not changed, then why are there thousands of auctions with Leaf Rize in the title?
And why is Rize listed on your Leaf products page if it's not your product, only licensed for another company's product.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
No, licensing doesn't confuse "so many people". I'm obviously talking about being licensed by the MLB, which is exclusive to Topps of course. Listen, I could put together drawings of players done by 5 year olds, with on card autos from prospects, and could get them licensed.

Spare me the BS if you don't mind. Obviously this stuff is licensed--but it doesn't give an ounce to the credibility of the product-or should I say products (as in what, 4 or 5 Leaf prospect based products now?). I was a fan when it was just Leaf Valiant and Leaf Draft, but this has gotten way out of hand.

**Disclaimer** This is all my opinion

Sure I know what you mean here, but whether or not real confusion is involved it's not fair to provide inaccurate information to suit multiple agendas and yet people do it here all the time. Sure someone may not like cards that aren't MLB licensed which is absolutely fine to explicitly state.

To all of this it's fair to say that it's particularly odd that MLB licensing affects prospecting at all given real prospects lack any MLB experience whatsoever.

If there were any logic in licensing at all, player licensing would be most important across all parts of the hobby... but that's another topic of discussion.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Its not the language, its the fact that its a very well known movie quote.

Im not here to enforce morality. I will keep this site clear of ****, and safe for most ages but that does not include censoring pulp fiction.

Kudos Chris.

Staff online

Members online