Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANCARLO STANTON TRADED TO YANKEES FOR CASTRO/GUZMAN/DEVERS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I think Stanton wants to be on the west coast....can't say I blame him

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Very true. Who has the prospects and willingness to pay for the contract?

SF- No and Yes
LA- Yes and ?
LAA- Maybe -Yes
SD- Maybe, No
OAK- Yes, hell no

The Dodgers are a good possibility

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Very true. Who has the prospects and willingness to pay for the contract?

SF- No and Yes
LA- Yes and ?
LAA- Maybe -Yes
SD- Maybe, No
OAK- Yes, hell no

The Dodgers are a good possibility
I'm really surprised I haven't seen the Dodgers mentioned.

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
This will sound stupid but do the dodgers need him? Fairly crowded outfield last year and Verdugo will be up in the near future. If I was controlling that team I'm not sure I'd want that contract and give up what they'd likely have to give, they don't exactly need more power for that price.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This will sound stupid but do the dodgers need him? Fairly crowded outfield last year and Verdugo will be up in the near future. If I was controlling that team I'm not sure I'd want that contract and give up what they'd likely have to give, they don't exactly need more power for that price.
Verdugo would undoubtedly be part of the package headed to Miami.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Could it be, folks?

@jonmorosi
2h2 hours ago

Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Source says #Marlins likely would accept offer of Panik, Beede and Shaw for Stanton alone -- if #SFGiants committed to paying at least $250 million of the $295 million left on Stanton’s contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
Could it be, folks?

@jonmorosi
2h2 hours ago

Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Source says #Marlins likely would accept offer of Panik, Beede and Shaw for Stanton alone -- if #SFGiants committed to paying at least $250 million of the $295 million left on Stanton’s contract. @MLB @MLBNetwork

I don’t think so- two borderline Top100 prospects plus Panik and cash. Not very exciting. SF would have to give up their #1 prospect as well. I suppose if the Giants are the only team willing to take on the contract it might be possible.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don’t think so- two borderline Top100 prospects plus Panik and cash. Not very exciting. SF would have to give up their #1 prospect as well. I suppose if the Giants are the only team willing to take on the contract it might be possible.
I would say their #1 is Ramos.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Could it be, folks?

@jonmorosi
2h2 hours ago

Wow. That's a pretty crappy return, even with that heavy a contract burden. Surely someone like the Cardinals or Red Sox could beat that easily.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I don't think anyone will match that offer from the Giants. That contract is too huge. The only way I see that deal not happening is if Stanton' uses his no-trade on it, or the marlin's back out.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Would playing in that huge ballpark hinder the right-handed hitting Stanton? Think that is on his mind?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
He's from southern CA and wants to win a championship. I'm guessing he probably wants to play in LA.

He's said LA is his preference. The Dodgers don't have room for him though.

I can't imagine valuing being in SF 81 days and having no shot at the postseason higher than being in St. Louis 81 days and being in contention all three years until I have the choice of opting out but I guess it could happen that way. It isn't like he can't afford to fly home whenever he wants and it's less than a fourth of the year.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

Wow. That's a pretty crappy return, even with that heavy a contract burden. Surely someone like the Cardinals or Red Sox could beat that easily.

I'd have to disagree. Generally when you see "plus cash" attached to a trade you are assuming a few million...but $250 million is a huge amount for any club to take on. The fact that the Marlins are getting one top 100 prospect in return is pretty amazing, let alone two plus a pretty decent everyday player who can hit around .300. I agree that the proposal doesn't look sexy in regards to player return but when "plus cash" means $250 million, it makes much more sense.

The Cardinals & Red Sox could easily propose a better deal in terms of prospects but the question is, are they willing to take on over $200 million of that contract?

Regardless, I still don't see how this trade makes sense for the Giants. Their projected 2018 team payroll is already north of $180 million and picking up one player, even someone of Stanton's status, isn't going to make them a contender. The player return doesn't make much sense for the Marlins but I can certainly understand them wanting to offload that contract.

Members online