Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************SUNDAY MORNING THREAD ************* 7/19

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
On a day I could've slept in, since I took off work today for my event, I slept terribly :( went to sleep around 1030, up at 11, back to sleep, up around 4 for good, ugh! But it did give me some time to finish Chuck Palahniuk's book, Make Something Up, Stories You Can't Unread. Don't know if there are any Chuck fans out there, but wow! This was a collection of like 15 or so short stories, and man, all I can say is Chuck's head must be a scary place!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all!

Up and out early so the Mrs. and big Two kids can attend local music fest later. It's in a VERY shady, the good kind :cool:, park so that'll help with very high temps today and then again tomorrow...

Phils go for the Sweep!?!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I've got to unload van and inventory my team packs - sold some that I only keep one of . Lucky I have next week end off from stadium . Only seven more nights and I need to DOUBLE sales to make goal [haahah].
coffee refill time

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
[MENTION=2026]tramers[/MENTION] just remember that coffee is for closers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
A married couple is traveling to visit family by car. Being seniors, after almost eleven hours on the road, they were too tired to continue and decided to get a room. They only planned to sleep for four hours and then get back on the road.

When they checked out four hours later, the desk clerk handed them a bill for $350.00. The man explodes and demands to know why the charge is so high. He told the clerk although it's a nice hotel the rooms certainly aren't worth $350.00 for four hours. Then the clerk tells him that $350.00 is the ‘standard rate'. He insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appears, listens to him, and then explains that the hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference center that were available for us to use.

"But we didn't use them" the husband said.

"Well, they are here, and you could have," explained the Manager. The Manager went on to explain that the couple could also have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel is famous. "We have the best entertainers from New York, Hollywood , and Las Vegas perform here," the Manager says.

"But we didn't go to any of those shows" the husband said. "Well, we have them, and you could have." the Manager replied.

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, the husband replied, "But we didn't use it!" The Manager is unmoved, and eventually the husband gave up and agreed to pay.

As he didn't have the check book, he asked his wife to write the check. She did and gave it to the Manager. The Manager is surprised when he looks at the check. "But ma'am, this is made out for only $50.00."

"That's correct. I charged you $300.00 for sleeping with me," she replied. "But I didn't " exclaims the Manager. "Well, too bad, I was here, and you could have."

Don't mess with senior citizens…They didn't get that age by being stupid!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good Morning Everyone. Just waking up because I was at the hospital until 2AM this morning with my girlfriend's daughter. She dropped an object on her toe and her toe nail came completely off. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Morning all ... Good one Magic and sorry you spent the night at the Hospital Dustin. Hope she's ok.

Ryan

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Concert was great last night. Grace Potter has a really good stage presence. Getting ready to go eat at Cracker Barrel soon and then hitting the road afterwards. I haven't had a chance to post some of my recent breaks, but I broke a blaster of 2015 Bowman the other day and pulled these-

Steven Farinaro purple border retail auto /250
Byron Buxton Top Prospects insert
Corey Seager Farm's Finest mini
Erick Fedde Farm's Finest Blue Mini /250
Mike Foltynewics Gray Border parallel /499

Then while visiting my dad I grabbed these-
2014 Draft jumbo pack
2015 Bowman Jumbo pack
2015 Bowman Jumbo Box

The 2 single packs were from one shop and the box from another. Here's what I pulled in the single packs
2014 Draft- Justus Sheffield Chrome auto
2015 Bowman- Rob Refsnyder Refractor Auto /499

From the Jumbo Box-
Kris Bryant Farm's Finest Mini
Julio Urias Gray Border Parallel /499
Jose De Leon Refractor /499
Chad Pinder Purple REfractor /25
Harold Ramirez Chrome Auto
Touki Toussaint Chrome Auto
Rusney Castillo Chrome RC Auto

Between the breaks I pulled some great Twins cards for the PC as well-
3 Miguel Sano Chromes, Nick Gordon Farm's Finest mini, and more
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] congrats on the new job, and sorry to hear about the girlfriend's daughter. Hopefully everything is okay there!

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Have any of you guys sold your whole port on COMC? Was it easy? I'm thinking of dumping mine and maybe starting over. Really considering some thinning out over here. PLMK. Thanks, Kevin in CT

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Have any of you guys sold your whole port on COMC? Was it easy? I'm thinking of dumping mine and maybe starting over. Really considering some thinning out over here. PLMK. Thanks, Kevin in CT

I'm interested in selling via COMC as well. I made a big buy there of 13 cards and have to say it was a good experience. It appears they waive the fees if you use the cash to buy stuff there which is nice.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I'm interested in selling via COMC as well. I made a big buy there of 13 cards and have to say it was a good experience. It appears they waive the fees if you use the cash to buy stuff there which is nice.
I already buy and sell there. I have 160+ cards for sale on there. I'm thinking about dumping the whole "port" and was wondering if anyone here did that before.

Latest posts