Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Crazy prices on the 1998 Finest The Man refractors numbered to 75!! Best regards, David PS had hobby store sell my Griffey Jr/Ripken/Jeter!!

Last edited:

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Real deal or not, those '97 Finest Atomic Golds IMO are the best looking of all 90's parallels and inserts hands down.

I have to agree with you. They are beautiful in hand.

Jeter97FinestEmbossedRefPSA10.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Real deal or not, those '97 Finest Atomic Golds IMO are the best looking of all 90's parallels and inserts hands down.

I am in the minority, I think. I love the effect of those atomics, but so many of them look murky and/or washed out to me. They should have had the effect on a lighter-background card (perhaps?) like some 98 Diffractors:

attachment.php

But maybe I have to have one in hand to experience it.

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Yeah just picked it up today...debating on whether to bust it or not. Has anyone seen a 97 box busted lately?

Nice! Haven't seen a '97 Flair box busted in awhile I think a lot of us here are very interested in what you pull if you do. Lot of temptation with Legacies, Hot Gloves...Masterpieces!

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Disagree on that one! Lots of great inserts ...like the first refractors from the 1993 finest, big bang refractors from the pinnacle for 1996, 1998 big bang seasonal outburst serial to the number of home runs the player hit in 1997! Plus just sold 1998 Finest the man refractors numbered to 75.....Griffey jr 299.99/Jeter 299.99 and Ripken Jr. 149.99. Best regards, David

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Two interesting pickups from COMC in two days.

First, this is the second one of these I've owned. The first sold pretty easily on ebay BIN:

1991 Score - [Base] - Samples #150 - Dave Stewart
Courtesy of COMC.com

Then today... it's been years now since I've found a great deal five pages in to new listings. Usually everyone is ahead of me with their alerts or however they do that. Got this for $20.

1999 Skybox Thunder - [Base] - Super Rave #263 - Chipper Jones /25
Courtesy of COMC.com

Michael.petkus

Jan 30, 2016

First, this is the second one of these I've owned. The first sold pretty easily on ebay BIN:

Courtesy of COMC.com

Then today... it's been years now since I've found a great deal five pages in to new listings. Usually everyone is ahead of me with their alerts or however they do that. Got this for $20.

Courtesy of COMC.com

Now that's awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Disagree on that one! Lots of great inserts ...like the first refractors from the 1993 finest, big bang refractors from the pinnacle for 1996, 1998 big bang seasonal outburst serial to the number of home runs the player hit in 1997! Plus just sold 1998 Finest the man refractors numbered to 75.....Griffey jr 299.99/Jeter 299.99 and Ripken Jr. 149.99. Best regards, David

Seems cheap on the Ripken, I wouldn't sell mine for that low.

sierra79

Feb 15, 2016
Deland, Florida
Key word IMO. I do like the 97 The Man refractors - those are gorgeous, but I still think the '97 atomic golds are plain awesome in hand - even compared to the 93 refractors (which are classic). But, that's just my opinion ;)

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

Courtesy of COMC.com

Courtesy of COMC.com

I'm calling the cops on you ... for stealing that Super Rave! GREAT pickup.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
DallasCardboys is dropping a bunch more Status and Diamond Axis *** Proofs right now, primarily Bagwell, Biggio, Boggs, Thome, Grace...

Oh, and this one:

1998 Leaf - [Base] - Fractal Matrix Die-Cut Diamond-Axis Promos #156 - Ken Griffey Jr.
Courtesy of COMC.com

Members online