Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BASEBALL PROSPECTS INFORMATION NEEDED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel4619

Sep 9, 2016
Virginia
So I have a passion to start prospecting. So do you get players that have the statue of "The Greats" a player that is at least 5' 11" and weighs at least 190 pounds? Do you select the youngest players that have auto prospect cards, because they have little to no experience in the minors, no one really knows there potential? Get the players with a current HIGH batting average and over 15 HR that are currently selling for low? Man if I would have kept all those Greg Bird Bowman Cherome Autos! He had a high AVERAGE and was selling for nothing....I knew he would make it to The Bigs. What is your advice/strategy on prospecting?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Don't start with pitchers.

Stick to the teams with bigger fan bases. Just the excitement of a call-up to NY or LA is about equal to batting .325+ with home runs in KC or MIL.

Chicks dig the long ball. All the exciting SS or catchers with average and glove don't move the needle like a few home runs right out of the gate.

Daniel4619

Sep 9, 2016
Virginia
Like:Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs,and Dodgers are the big fan base. Possibly Mets, Braves, and Cardinals are the second wave large fan base. I guess?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Like:Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs,and Dodgers are the big fan base. Possibly Mets, Braves, and Cardinals are the second wave large fan base. I guess?

Yes. I would maybe add the Giants and, if they ever get it together, the Phillies.

Daniel4619

Sep 9, 2016
Virginia
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Like these guys?

Attachments

• CF.jpg
    CF.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Devers.jpg
    Devers.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Calhoun.jpg
    Calhoun.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Alex.jpg
    Alex.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 49

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Not investing in pitchers would be a mistake. I have been at this a long time and have made some tremendous profits from pitchers.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Not investing in pitchers would be a mistake. I have been at this a long time and have made some tremendous profits from pitchers.

My point was, for a fledgling prospector, which is easier?

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
Jose Altuve says "hello"

So I have a passion to start prospecting. So do you get players that have the statue of "The Greats" a player that is at least 5' 11" and weighs at least 190 pounds? Do you select the youngest players that have auto prospect cards, because they have little to no experience in the minors, no one really knows there potential? Get the players with a current HIGH batting average and over 15 HR that are currently selling for low? Man if I would have kept all those Greg Bird Bowman Cherome Autos! He had a high AVERAGE and was selling for nothing....I knew he would make it to The Bigs. What is your advice/strategy on prospecting?

Members online