Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*************** Sunday Morning Thread ******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning guys.

I spent all day on the ice, went to a friends house last night for a steak dinner. No mention on the country radio station is was listening to about the Stan the Man or Earl. RIP, I admired both men as true sportsmen. I just read about the pasting of two great baseball personalities. I broke open a bottle of Korbel brandy last night, put quite a dent into it. Slept in this morning.

My friend that served dinner has a Stan auto'd ball from back in the 70's I want it, and I'll get pictures.

Now what's this talk about waiting on me to draft? Haven't checked yesterday's thread yet.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Good morning guys.

I spent all day on the ice, went to a friends house last night for a steak dinner. No mention on the country radio station is was listening to about the Stan the Man or Earl. RIP, I admired both men as true sportsmen. I just read about the pasting of two great baseball personalities. I broke open a bottle of Korbel brandy last night, put quite a dent into it. Slept in this morning.

My friend that served dinner has a Stan auto'd ball from back in the 70's I want it, and I'll get pictures.

Now what's this talk about waiting on me to draft? Haven't checked yesterday's thread yet.

Check yesteday's thread about the draft then. LOL

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=1743]wolfmanalfredo[/MENTION] up next.

#1 hoopster3977 - Yankees
#2 gracecollector - Cubs
#3 wolfmanalfredo -
#4 alex64
#5 resident bay fan
#6 thefatguy
#7 mojodan
#8 caulaflour
#9 caulaflour
#10 mojodan
#11 thefatguy
#12 resident bay fan
#13 alex64
#14 wolfmanalfredo
#15 gracecollector - Diamondbacks
#16 hoopster3977
#17 hoopster3977
#18 gracecollector
#19 wolfmanalfredo
#20 alex64
#21 resident bay fan
#22 thefatguy
#23 mojodan
#24 caulaflour
#25 caulaflour
#26 mojodan
#27 thefatguy
#28 resident bay fan
#29 alex64
#30 wolfmanalfredo
#31 gracecollector
#32 hoopster3977

Remaining picks: when it's your spot, pick one that is still available.

Atlanta Braves
Philadelphia Phillies
Florida Marlins
New York Mets
Washington Nationals
St. Louis Cardinals
Houston Astros
Milwaukee Brewers
Cincinnati Reds
Pittsburgh Pirates
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Los Angeles Dodgers
Colorado Rockies
Boston Red Sox
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Minnesota Twins
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Texas Rangers
Seattle Mariners
Fans of the Game Cards
Any Defunct Team (possibility of Brooklyn Dodgers, Milwaukee Braves and Montreal Expos cards)

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
@wolfmanalfredo up next.

#1 hoopster3977 - Yankees
#2 gracecollector - Cubs
#3 wolfmanalfredo -
#4 alex64
#5 resident bay fan
#6 thefatguy
#7 mojodan
#8 caulaflour
#9 caulaflour
#10 mojodan
#11 thefatguy
#12 resident bay fan
#13 alex64
#14 wolfmanalfredo
#15 gracecollector - Diamondbacks
#16 hoopster3977
#17 hoopster3977
#18 gracecollector
#19 wolfmanalfredo
#20 alex64
#21 resident bay fan
#22 thefatguy
#23 mojodan
#24 caulaflour
#25 caulaflour
#26 mojodan
#27 thefatguy
#28 resident bay fan
#29 alex64
#30 wolfmanalfredo
#31 gracecollector
#32 hoopster3977

Remaining picks: when it's your spot, pick one that is still available.

Atlanta Braves
Philadelphia Phillies
Florida Marlins
New York Mets
Washington Nationals
St. Louis Cardinals
Houston Astros
Milwaukee Brewers
Cincinnati Reds
Pittsburgh Pirates
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Los Angeles Dodgers
Colorado Rockies
Boston Red Sox
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Minnesota Twins
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Texas Rangers
Seattle Mariners
Fans of the Game Cards
Any Defunct Team (possibility of Brooklyn Dodgers, Milwaukee Braves and Montreal Expos cards)

I wonder about the "defunct" teams. Should Los Angeles and Brooklyn Dodgers not just be the "Dodgers?" And the San Francisco and New York Giants both be the "Giants"? Same for Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves. I haven't viewed the whole checklist, but are there any Washington Senator cards? Seems only truly defunct franchises should count as a different pick, not a team that simply moved from one city to another.

Thoughts?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I wonder about the "defunct" teams. Should Los Angeles and Brooklyn Dodgers not just be the "Dodgers?" And the San Francisco and New York Giants both be the "Giants"? Same for Boston/Milwaukee/Atlanta Braves. I haven't viewed the whole checklist, but are there any Washington Senator cards? Seems only truly defunct franchises should count as a different pick, not a team that simply moved from one city to another.

Thoughts?

It's its own category. No need to break it out and make more teams it will throw everything off.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
It's its own category. No need to break it out and make more teams it will throw everything off.

I agree. There should not be one person that gets Brooklyn Dodgers and another that gets Los Angeles Dodgers, for instance. I would suggest that a.) either one person gets all "defunct team" cards: Expos/Senators/Colt45s/etc....or b.) we throw the "defunct" into the oddball lot and treat them as such.

What say you, Brad?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I agree. There should not be one person that gets Brooklyn Dodgers and another that gets Los Angeles Dodgers, for instance. I would suggest that a.) either one person gets all "defunct team" cards: Expos/Senators/Colt45s/etc....or b.) we throw the "defunct" into the oddball lot and treat them as such.

What say you, Brad?

I think you answered your own issue there. Defunct teams from what I read are a PICK. All the teams within it go to whomever chose DEFUNCT teams as well as anyone who chose FANS of the GAME get all the cards from that subset.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL

What say you, Brad?

I made that decision after looking at the checklist closely. There's not many cards that fall into this category, but there are some. In DK, there are Warren Spahn and Hank Aaron Milwaukee Braves cards, Duke Snider Brooklyn Dodgers Cards, and Andre Dawson Montreal Expos cards. Leaf had a Snider sportscaster card. To get 32 draft slots, it seemed only fair to add these possibilities as one pick, since this person might get nothing. Or they might get one nice hit. Usually I'd be in favor of lineage teams going to the current team, but I think this way works out more fairly for this draft.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
I made that decision after looking at the checklist closely. There's not many cards that fall into this category, but there are some. In DK, there are Warren Spahn and Hank Aaron Milwaukee Braves cards, Duke Snider Brooklyn Dodgers Cards, and Andre Dawson Montreal Expos cards. Leaf had a Snider sportscaster card. To get 32 draft slots, it seemed only fair to add these possibilities as one pick, since this person might get nothing. Or they might get one nice hit. Usually I'd be in favor of lineage teams going to the current team, but I think this way works out more fairly for this draft.

Alrighty, fair enough. Sounds like perhaps that way is best after all, given your close look at the checklist. Thanks.

caulaflour

Jan 29, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm gonna sound super ignorant here (apologies, it's likely not the last time...), but I fail to recall the specific box breakdown here. I saw from the start it was "Leaf/DK," which I took to mean it was a combination of boxes of 2005 Leaf (the plain jane variety) and 2005 Diamond Kings. Is this correct, or was I missing something? And how many boxes was it again?

Also, where you at, Alfredo? :)

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, I went through Beckett and looked at the entire checklist. The DEFUNCT category would include the possibility of four hits: Duke Snider, Warren Spahn, Willie Mays and Monte Irvin. That's it really in terms of GU and Auto. Because of the way DK did Expos cards, whoever picks Washington Nationals will get Montreal Expos included. DK has a lot of Vlad, Brad Wilkerson, Jose Vidro etc. as Expos.

So what say you all? It seems fair to me to keep it at 4 slots each, as this DEFUNCT category is a gamble - may not get anything, may get one nice hit. Mostly I was just trying to be fair and let all 8 in the break get 4 draft slots.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts