Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~ Opening Day Morning Thread ~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
My brother is at the Braves / Brewers game. Just saw he put a couple pics on FB.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Wicked weather in store tonight into tomorrow. It's raining at a pretty good clip right now (remember where I'm geographically located). Temps are suppose to dip and up to and over a foot of snow into tomorrow morning. Then blowing. Yes, glaze ice with a foot of snow on top. Take a peek at North Dakota and what they're getting right now and that's forecasted for us. F.M.L.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Great pickup Taylor! They're still a blast! I've had mine for 5+ years

Scores before the BOS/BAL first pitch
CHC 0 PIT 0 B6
KC 3 DET 1 B6
WAS 2 NYM 4 T7
PHI 6 TEX 4 T3
ATL 0 MIL 0 B3

Thanks! I've wanted one so bad since they were released. It was an underrated system for it's time, but put out some great games.

She's wanted one for a while too. I think the console prices would be cheaper had the WiiU not been a commercial failure. I'd love to add all the different colors to my collection someday too.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
We are actually dealing with tornadoes right now, believe it or not. Mind you, we are also in a blizzard warning.

I think all the bad stuff is a bit north at the moment, but I can honestly say I've never experienced anything like this.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Ryan Braun got a standing O in his return today.... :/

Slightly disappointing but it was to be expected I guess. He's not at Arod levels of hate.....yet. Plus opening day is largely attended but drunken college kids so there's that. Did see plenty of people sitting in silent protest as well however. Add it to the loooong list of hometown fans cheering dirt bags. It's what they do I guess. Long winter didn't hurt either, people just want to move on with the team. Personally I'd have been sitting on my hands but I can't promise not to cheer for any forthcoming game-winning hits

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Believe it or not, I don't actually watch much baseball.

I attend more games a year (across all levels) than I watch on TV. I also listen to a few games in the car, but mainly when I'm on the road in unfamiliar radio territory.

Going to my first game next week in Brookings, SD.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
[MENTION=3743]AmishDave[/MENTION] Bobby Abreu just signed a minor league deal with the Mets and will be reporting to AAA Vegas. If I remember correctly you were trying to get a auto of his. Don't know how the league works, maybe he will come near ya.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Just looked at my copy of a 2002-03 Finest Michael Jordan refractor. I paid $18.06 for mine. They're selling for over $125.00! Time to sell, I think!

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Being a Cubs Fan is:

Your pitchers throwing 9 innings of shutout baseball on Opening Day... and still losing.

Only 99 more to go @Hawk8!

I still don't think that the Cubs will lose 100 games this season. I would put their loss total around 92 this year. There are some good things to take away from today's game. Our opening day starter who is in no way an ace held a 2013 playoff team scoreless over 7 innings. Our lead off hitter had 4 hits and a stolen base. Oh yeah, and instant replay doesn't like the Cubs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online