Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Happy 100th to Wrigley Field

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Can they get rid of the troughs in the bathrooms? Those things are just plain nasty!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Sorry to the haters, but Wrigley is a beautiful place to watch baseball, and I would rather pay to go there than watch a game for free anywhere else.

Sure, the bathrooms may smell of urine and the concourse is a bit cramped but I agree with you...no better place to see a game and touch history than Wrigley Field. Yes, I am being serious.

Whenever I get near the old place I always enjoy walking up Clark Street, seeing the light towers and eventually smelling the smells that help make Wrigley great. I love the fact the old place smells like cheap cigars and popcorn from era's gone by. You can even smell the history down the street and that just makes it so much better for me.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Sure, the bathrooms may smell of urine and the concourse is a bit cramped but I agree with you...no better place to see a game and touch history than Wrigley Field. Yes, I am being serious.

Whenever I get near the old place I always enjoy walking up Clark Street, seeing the light towers and eventually smelling the smells that help make Wrigley great. I love the fact the old place smells like cheap cigars and popcorn from era's gone by. You can even smell the history down the street and that just makes it so much better for me.

I'm with you. I love stepping back in time. Baseball is so much about tradition, and Wrigley is steeped in it. I don't want tofu dogs, jumbotrons urging me to make some noise, and kid zones with inflatable jumpers. I like peeing in a trough, hand turned scoreboards, and day baseball. Some peoples' sh*tholes are other peoples' summits.

mchenrycards

I'm with you. I love stepping back in time. Baseball is so much about tradition, and Wrigley is steeped in it. I don't want tofu dogs, jumbotrons urging me to make some noise, and kid zones with inflatable jumpers. I like peeing in a trough, hand turned scoreboards, and day baseball. Some peoples' sh*tholes are other peoples' summits.

You and I are on the same page. But then both of us have visited a small ball field in Marengo, Illinois just so we can walk in the footsteps of Cap Anson and Carl Lundgren!! :)

I love the history of the game and this ball park is a throw back that should remain that way!! I can connect with my long gone father and sit where he once sat as well as my grandfather before him. Look out upon the same field as they did and imagine I am seeing the same baseball they did when they were my age. Yes, things change but not everything has to change. Knock that place down or move the team and the Cubs become the worst team in the league and will be destined to be relocated to Las Vegas or some other place. People come to Wrigley to experience baseball the same was past generatins have and not to see quality baseball being played.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] - OMG that jersey. WANT!

I got three :D

Can they get rid of the troughs in the bathrooms? Those things are just plain nasty!

I peed in a brand new trough yesterday in a completely remodeled bathroom that was perfectly nice.

I'm excited about going to Wrigley next weekend and seeing it.

I'm a Cardinals fan, but it's a very historic place. And I'm into that.

Sam, I genuinely think you will love the park, the neighborhood, and the experience.

Try to avoid the ****** bars though.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Sam, I genuinely think you will love the park, the neighborhood, and the experience.

Try to avoid the ****** bars though.

I'm going with my wife's best friend and her husband. They live in Dwight, and he's a life long Cubs fan. She's from Southern Illinois, a Cardinals fan who moved up there for a teaching job. We're going to stay with them, and ride the train to and from the game. I'm just going to let him take me on the local Wrigley experience. I am sure we'll hit a few bars in Wrigleyville after the game, but we really haven't discussed it.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
There are still some great neighborhood bars, and some places to experience like Sluggers and Cubby Bear...but since I moved away a lot of gigantic ******* bottle service places have opened up.

Those are the places I avoid.

Some great food to be had in Chicago as well. Any hole-in-the-wall taco place you stumble into will be good, guaranteed.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Echoing the title of this thread...

cubs2014-6.jpg

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
There are still some great neighborhood bars, and some places to experience like Sluggers and Cubby Bear...but since I moved away a lot of gigantic ******* bottle service places have opened up.

Those are the places I avoid.

Some great food to be had in Chicago as well. Any hole-in-the-wall taco place you stumble into will be good, guaranteed.

Any great place in Wrigley to get an authentic pie or dog?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I just wish it was my team there to ruin the aniversary, and not the Diamondbacks.

Some will say the Cubs crappy facilities and plethora of day games is part of the reason the Cubs have sucked balls for so long.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I just wish it was my team there to ruin the aniversary, and not the Diamondbacks.

Some will say the Cubs crappy facilities and plethora of day games is part of the reason the Cubs have sucked balls for so long.

And some Cubs fans will say XXXX off.

They haven't won it all, but the Cubs have fielded some very good teams and have been to the playoffs more than a lot of other teams in my lifetime.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

I'm not a deep dish fan, but my favorite place for thin crust is a bit north on Clark.

It's called Calo.

Any place that has Vienna beef hot dogs should do you right, including Wrigley.

There is a place in the main concourse that has footlongs with just about any topping you can think of.

mchenrycards

Two places I alway liked when I worked down there and both are a long home run (or foul ball) away from Wrigley. The first one is Leona's on Sheffield. Sheffield is the street that runs directly behind right field. You take Sheffield south a few blocks and you will come to a great little neighborhood type restaurant that has great pizza, great beefs and a whole lot more.

CRAP! I just looked at they closed this Leona's location....scrap that idea!! Dang I used to love that place when I worked at Wrigley. Oh well.

The other place I reccomend if you are looking for a good pie is Chicago Grinder Company. They are North on Clark Street (the street that the McDonalds is on right outside of Wrigley) and are almost right across the street from where the St. Valentines Day massacre occurred. They make an incredible pizza pot pie which is very much different than your normal Chicago deep dish (see the menu below). This used to be a favorite of many of my friends when they would go to games. Check it out

http://chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com/menu.htm

Members online