Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

<<<<<<<<<<Thursday Morning Thread>>>>>>>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning. Just about the perfect day yesterday for me, hitting up Wrigley and then spending the evening strolling around my old neighborhood in Chicago and eating at one of my favorite restaurants. Game was lots of fun, minus the cold weather and the 9th inning collapse. I posted pics in the Wrigley 100th Anniversary thread. Here's a couple more...

Marquee
cubs2014-6.jpg

First beer of the day - 10:30AM, Murphy's Bleachers
cubs2014-7.jpg

Grace signed jersey I was coveting while drinking my beer
cubs2014-5.jpg

Some random notes:
- Panini will love photos from this game... no logos on the hats worn! Cubs were in throwback Chicago Federals jerseys and Arizona in Kansas City Packers uniforms.
- You could buy the bases from the game for $1000 each. But they changed them at the end of every inning. $27,000 in base sales!
- Literally rubbed shoulders with Fergie Jenkins in the concourse.
- Beers have eclipsed $8.00 mark.
- Mailed the postcards I promised after the game. Hope you guys enjoy them.

And you guys probably remember the 1914 postcard I posted. Well here it is with a 2014 update I made.

cubs1914.jpg

cubs2014.jpg

Glad to hear you had a good time. The two post card pics are amazing. I wish the Cubs would have won but to me at least it seems kind of fitting they lost the way they did.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Had a great time yesterday as well.

Will post some of my pics later.

Was on my way to find you Brad, but Olivia had a bathroom emergency... lol

What neighborhood and restaurant was it?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Had a great time yesterday as well.

Will post some of my pics later.

Was on my way to find you Brad, but Olivia had a bathroom emergency... lol

What neighborhood and restaurant was it?

Andersonville, about a mile north of Wrigley. Corner of Clark and Foster is what most people identify. It has a Swedish history. The restaurant I ate at is Persian though, Reza's.

My old place:
10174793_10203835592549392_4163126113007994627_n.jpg

Last night's dinner:
10273659_10203835592589393_2323852035302918724_n.jpg

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Erin and I lived in Andersonville before moving to the burbs.

Calo had the best pizza in the city, and we put the owner's kids through college drinking at Konak.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Great. Just spilled my cup of Mt. Dew all over my desk and some cards. Thankfully the cards it got on were just some base and inserts. I don't have time to get it cleaned up completely since I have to go to a group meeting. Now its just a matter of getting rid of the stickiness. The lid from the Mt. Dew popped off (cup you get at fast food restaurant) and just went everywhere. I was craving the Mt. Dew too :lol:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Great. Just spilled my cup of Mt. Dew all over my desk and some cards. Thankfully the cards it got on were just some base and inserts. I don't have time to get it cleaned up completely since I have to go to a group meeting. Now its just a matter of getting rid of the stickiness. The lid from the Mt. Dew popped off (cup you get at fast food restaurant) and just went everywhere. I was craving the Mt. Dew too :lol:

Yikes!!! Good thing you didnt have your HoF Autos sitting out!!!!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Yikes!!! Good thing you didnt have your HoF Autos sitting out!!!!

Those are all back at home. Noticed that the runoff from the desk was landing on top of my binder full of TTM and IP autos. Thankfully nothing happened there

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
[MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION]

Also just remembered that Erin and I had our first date at Andie's, right next door to Reza's.

I believe they are owned by the same folks too.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Mmmmm that moment when you can't sell a card on the site for $10 and then it's already bid past $20 on eBay =]

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Congrats Steve. How much more did you have to add to the max that you had in mind to win that card?

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
About $17 over where I thought I could get it. Wasn't a big deal. My max bud was $30 over where I figured it to go. It was a must add for me, as Hosmer jumbo patches don't get produced very often.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Very nice Hosmer [MENTION=4259]CatdaddysCards[/MENTION] Got my group project done. Just one more meeting before we're good to go. Tomorrow's meeting is just to go over what/how we plan on presenting next Wednesday.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon Gents! Busy day at work but it is flying by :)

Charlie - Nice pictures from the game on facebook, looks like O had a GREAT time!

Brad - AMAZING photos yourself and I like the then and now that you did :)

Steve - Excellent jumbo patch, and I can't wait to see the Bo redeemed. Looks like those golds have no patches, or 1 patch, or 2 patch...not much consistency there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts