Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Custom Cards Tournament - The Pick Wins!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm going to go with the Grace card. I do wish it was an action shot vs posed but it still looks good as is.

If you're not a reader, you may not know either of the two names on the dual signature custom. Ask anyone under the age of 30 and I'd bet they can't tell you who either writers are.

Fordman

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Yeah, I submitted the Grace without really knowing the terms of the contest, it was a long time back. The Grace was a custom-made card for me. Brian Kong had a booth at the 2013 National in Chicago. He had created 70 1/1 sketch cards of popular players, and had 30 blank cardstocks that he took custom orders for. Since Grace had not had a pack issued sketch card at any time (his first and only appeared in 2016 Museum Collection), I commissioned Mr. Kong to create a custom card for me. I'm a fan of his artwork and the sketch cards he's done for Topps. I left it totally up to him what he did (creative license), only stipulation that he be pictured as a Cub. I was happy with the result!

Obviously the card you choose is up to you. But, FWIW, I think the Grace meets the the concept of a custom card perfectly. It is literally a custom card made specifically for you. Given the mix up though, we may bend the rules if we do end up with a sketch card tournament.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
OK all, sorry for the delay, here is the bracket:

attachment.php

In this one, we have the Mantle book:

attachment.php

And the Grace custom sketch:
attachment.php

Voting is open until 18-Aug at 11PM ET

Attachments

• Bracket - New.jpg