Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Topps Contracts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
As a player collector, I've noticed more attention to the value of Topps player contracts over the last couple of years and was wondering what the rest of the board has noticed. Feel free to post pics or anything about your contracts.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
As a player collector, I've noticed more attention to the value of Topps player contracts over the last couple of years and was wondering what the rest of the board has noticed. Feel free to post pics or anything about your contracts.

Have three Mark Mulder Topps contracts. Wossa outbid me on another one. Wonder if he'll ever sell it?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
i picked up a Wayne Kirby contract because he's a former Duke with no cert autos that I"m aware of, plus it looked like it had a Sy Berger auto on it as the topps rep. When it arrived it was just a ink Sy Berger stamp auto instead of the actual thing.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'm mostly annoyed that several for obscure players I collect went for more than the Vault starting price of $9.99. I wasn't looking to spend much on them, so I missed several.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I've missed two Tim Wakefield contracts, both got over $100 and I bailed. It's a cool item for sure, but I'm not sure what I would do with it/how/where to display etc...

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I've missed two Tim Wakefield contracts, both got over $100 and I bailed. It's a cool item for sure, but I'm not sure what I would do with it/how/where to display etc...
Same, I have been the under bidder on the two Lankford contacts that have been listed.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
They are definitely cool and one of a kind. But the only few Bagwells I've seen have gone for hundreds of dollars. Last one was like over 400 or so. Sorry, at that price, I'm out. Cool item, just not that compelled to have one.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
bb0c9fd4630174dd7aae5efbd033190d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Kid4hof03

Jan 10, 2014
Burlington, NJ
I will post pictures tomorrow but I have Gary Carter's first contract with Topps. My favorite thing about it is that because of his age at the time it had to also be signed by Gary's father.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
He is in the 96 Leaf extended signature set and is shown as an Indian, but listed as a Dodger (bonus for me!). You can probably get one for a few bucks or less.

i picked up a Wayne Kirby contract because he's a former Duke with no cert autos that I"m aware of, plus it looked like it had a Sy Berger auto on it as the topps rep. When it arrived it was just a ink Sy Berger stamp auto instead of the actual thing.

I have several with different Berger autographs. It may not be a stamp.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It seems that someone (or several people) gobble these up almost regardless of who it is. I have won some more common players who were Dodgers at one point anywhere from opening bid ($9.99) to $30 or so. It also seems the older they are, the higher they sell for, also regardless of the player.

if there is a star/HOF, they almost always top 3 figures too lately.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Nice frame job on the Dawson contract. I forgot his middle name was "Nolan". :)

Last month a 2007 Adam Dunn Topps contract sold for 3 times what I paid for my 2002 and 2003 contracts combined. I was shocked when the auction ended.

nerdherd020

Feb 9, 2011
California
It seems that someone (or several people) gobble these up almost regardless of who it is. I have won some more common players who were Dodgers at one point anywhere from opening bid ($9.99) to $30 or so. It also seems the older they are, the higher they sell for, also regardless of the player.

if there is a star/HOF, they almost always top 3 figures too lately.

Here's a hint:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/wossamottau

Check his feedback.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
They have also sold gift/payment tracker cards showing what each player selected. A lot of the stuff was common household appliances and gadgets (toasters, hi-fi sets, etc).

Here is a sample card in this article.

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/topps-player-contracts-offer-collectible-look-behind-curtain

#6 mentions a "gift from the Topps Catalog." Has anyone ever seen the Topps Catalog or items from it? I wonder if it was full of random stuff, or if the stuff was Topps-branded?

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
Player File Cards

I remember the Brooks Robinson player file card came up for sale from the Topps Vault years ago and for some reason I failed to go after it; I don't even think I knew what it was at the time It was a kinda neat item from a time, pre-computer, when Topps tracked items on a hand written card. In lieu of cash the player could get gifts of things like TVs, stereos, fine china, etc. Times have changed...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts