Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Announcement about new card company tonight at boomosbreaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
just caught up with all your intel, you guys are all deff in the wrong business. Jim Rockford work is deff your calling. Im not sure what i think, i know there was some trash, but was there more trash then triple threads or anything else, specially the football with all the 99 centers? meh, we might get more, if we sell it fine, if not, stick with the mainstream stuff. There is no real way to ebay this, so private breaks is all that works. i do agree the high grade low end cards are not a good idea.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
just caught up with all your intel, you guys are all deff in the wrong business. Jim Rockford work is deff your calling. Im not sure what i think, i know there was some trash, but was there more trash then triple threads or anything else, specially the football with all the 99 centers? meh, we might get more, if we sell it fine, if not, stick with the mainstream stuff. There is no real way to ebay this, so private breaks is all that works. i do agree the high grade low end cards are not a good idea.

Boomo I thought you did a great job with the break, I just hope they are not trying to use you & this first break as a stage to set people up for a bunch of terrible boxes & cases by giving you a few of the bigger hits right out the gate.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma

I believe it was better than most topps/panini. It just seemed like 50 of the 60 hits were 30-40 bucks. I feel like I got one of the better cards (50$ oswalt 1/1). The memorabilia was nice. I liked the pete rose ticket.
The roi on an entire case is not good, they are defenitely making their money (which I dont have a problem with).

Someone should do a HOF only buyback with 4 cards per pack (1 auto, 1 gu, 1 vintage, 1 hof rookie)

nicktv08

Apr 22, 2012
Columbus, OH

I think you are deff in the wrong business if you think this is such a great product....

Id be super pissed if I spent $700 on a box and got a Harper 9.5 bowman and a ticket to some lottery where I'm essentially just flushing $160 down the drain for that entry.

I watched for about 30 mins at the beginning and nothing really blew me away. You were making a big deal about high grade super low end cards and a Nolan Ryan 16x20 that isnt hard to find or too pricy to obtain.

You stated in the OP that this was going to offer a better return on investment than leaf and other companies like this one, but I just don't see it.

The point system is a unique twist but I feel like you would need to buy multiple, multiple boxes in order to end up #1 in the standings and by that point you would have spent thousands and lost thousands by the look of these breaks.

Like others have said I'm sure these boxes were front loaded so some idiots out there could be like "OMGZ LOLZ LOOK AT THOSE SUPER MOJO CARDS COMING OUT OF THESE BOXES", but I just don't see the value in them.

You did a good job hosting the break and are entertaining to watch, I laughed quite a bit, but I would just rather stick to Leaf products even if they are a kick in the junk sometimes because Brian's a good guy and this product seems to provide no better ROI than Leaf does.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Boomo,
Were you given this product for free to bust or did you have to pay for some of the cases? The memorabilia redemptions were nice, but the raffle ticket idea is bogus. I'd he pissed if that was one of my hits.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
My card:
1960 Fleer Babe Ruth PSA 7
ruth.jpg

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Was watching it with a friend & thinking it looked pretty good, good enough where I would carry it in the store.

Until I noticed the srp (buy in). I thought the BOX was $169, not "pack"

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
the 1st case was 100% free for us and the 12 people who got the slots. we paid for all the rest of it. I never understood the raffle ticket thing, but the prizes in the end are decent.
I would still take that any day over anibal sanchez and michael egnew. I in no way think we got front loaded cases, i mean if so, then the rest might be horrific.

A_Pharis

FWIW to the skeptics, the address on the site has been updated and quickly turns up the company's registry - including the owner's name. There's a big internet footprint for this company and the owner so it's not like this is some nobody who popped up yesterday. He's apparently been in the auction game for at least a couple of years.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I think this is very very reminiscent of a time long ago.

You have a new company selling autographed memorabilia, some with, some without COAs, and "buyback" cards. These aren't sold through hobby shops, but on a limited access cable show, sold by a straight man and an insane, loud, bearded pitchman who quoted insanely inaccurate price quotes when he is opening the product on air.

Fast forward 25 years. You have a new company selling autographed memorabilia, some with, some without COAs, and "buyback" cards. These aren't sold through hobby shops, but on a limited access webTV show, sold by a straight man and an insane, loud, bearded pitchman who quotes insanely inaccurate values when opening product on air.

Your cast:

Heroes of Sport as Ken Goldin/Score Board

Gelb as "Kenny", the straight man

Blog TV as Shop at Home

and

Boomo as America's #1 pitchman, Don West.

It's really scary, that if you don't remember history, you're doomed to repeat it.

We all know how well Score Board worked out.

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
I think this is very very reminiscent of a time long ago.

You have a new company selling autographed memorabilia, some with, some without COAs, and "buyback" cards. These aren't sold through hobby shops, but on a limited access cable show, sold by a straight man and an insane, loud, bearded pitchman who quoted insanely inaccurate price quotes when he is opening the product on air.

Fast forward 25 years. You have a new company selling autographed memorabilia, some with, some without COAs, and "buyback" cards. These aren't sold through hobby shops, but on a limited access webTV show, sold by a straight man and an insane, loud, bearded pitchman who quotes insanely inaccurate values when opening product on air.

Your cast:

HEroes of Sport as Ken Goldin/Score Board
Gelb as "Kenny", the straight man
Blog TV as Shop at Home
and
Boomo as America's #1 pitchman, Don West.

It's really scary, that if you don't remember history, you're doomed to repeat it.

We all know how well Score Board worked out.

You're so awesome at taking one thing and leaping 563 steps ahead.

Guy went on ebay, bought a bunch of crap, sprinkled in some decent stuff and started a company. People with very little research bought in. Those same people buy those crappy 100 pack of cards they sell at kmart and cvs...

The only difference is they found a well known breaker to help them shill the product.

Members online