Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone Sitting on Bowman Jumbos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Nothing like dropping $200 and getting three $10 autos and a bunch of base.

There's absolutely no logic in opening these now.

The best card is SP don't forget.

Last edited:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
They're still sitting 160-170 on Ebay, so not too bad. There's just not a huge reason why these should be going up outside of Bryant being SP and now the lucky redemption. I passed on them around release, certainly passing now

bmc398

May 25, 2009
I'll never understand why these ALWAYS skyrocket (last year's didn't but they REALLY sucked). Even if you busted a case, you are still going to get hosed....even if you hit a $1000 card. Hard to imagine if you hit a $1000 card that the rest of the case (assuming no other big hits) is going to net you the extra $600 to break even.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
There is a lot of hidden value in 2014 Bowman. I have been selling complete 330-card base sets for $35 and complete 440-card sets for $60.

A lot of low-numbered colored inserts have been selling very well too. Red Ice and Purple Ice inserts have been selling unbelievably high.

The autos may suck this year, but the inserts have been holding their own, in terms of value.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I only opened one box but mine was pretty much a good size $$ loss and that was at $145 for the box. The autos just don't have any value (aside from a couple of them). The checklist is too big and the best one is SPd.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I said this from the beginning the auto CL was horrid aside from 5 guys the rest is dog crap. Inserts are fine and have some value now but will not for long. Opening this product in bulk will kill the breaker.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I said this from the beginning the auto CL was horrid aside from 5 guys the rest is dog crap. Inserts are fine and have some value now but will not for long. Opening this product in bulk will kill the breaker.

Bowman is always like that...

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
So there's 5 good autos. All it takes is one "beast" to carry a product a long way...

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I have some of the red and purple ice parallels on my watch list (was outbid on them), and they only sold for $6-$10.Some of the more common ones only got 1-2 bids for pocket change.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You buy a box for $200, go home and open it.

First pack, BAM! Abreu autograph!
Next pack, BAM! Bryant non auto blue refractor!
Next pack, BAM! Abreu base AND Tanaka base!
Next pack, BAM! Blue ref auto of a common (choose a name from the 50 different ones)
Next pack a base auto.

Awesome right? NOPE, NOT IF YOU PAID $200!

Even though you got the best regular auto, color auto, color of the best prospect base, chrome base of the best rc's, YOU BARELY BROKE EVEN!!

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
You buy a box for $200, go home and open it.

First pack, BAM! Abreu autograph!
Next pack, BAM! Bryant non auto blue refractor!
Next pack, BAM! Abreu base AND Tanaka base!
Next pack, BAM! Blue ref auto of a common (choose a name from the 50 different ones)
Next pack a base auto.

Awesome right? NOPE, NOT IF YOU PAID $200!

Even though you got the best regular auto, color auto, color of the best prospect base, chrome base of the best rc's, YOU BARELY BROKE EVEN!!

This is a very good point. Especially considering most boxes would have 2 low tier player base autos and then a refractor/color auto of a low tier guy. I would be a seller at close to $200 a box. Makes it very difficult to make up that value in wax and more attractive to pick up singles on the secondary market. Auto lots from people who didnt do well on boxes go for very cheap on eBay.

Currently they are $170 on BO, which makes them a little more attractive.

What I find a little more disturbing is the people who do case breaks by team and sell the Cubs and White Sox for $200 or more each. People buy into it though, so I guess the breakers are not to blame.