Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Signed G-Used HANDPRINT cards to be inserted in Triple Threads?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Babe Ruth says, "Let's do this."

10051a_lg.jpeg

Edited to add...Ruth had small hands for a big man...kinda like Gwynn I guess. This is an 8.5"x11" piece of paper...that makes his hand just 7.7 inches from middle finger to palm.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
To the OP, I'm confused, the dude who works for Topps is selling the shirt he wore during this at auction!? Haha that's just funny right there... for a minute it looks like it's the actual card and it's the 1/1... people are trying to be too damn creative with their listings. Also, what does Topps think of this?

@BunchOBull - Whoa, what is the story behind that piece? That has to be an incredible 1/1 piece... I mean a perfect Ruth auto on a sheet which shows his actual hand print! I mean whoaaaaaa!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
@BunchOBull - Whoa, what is the story behind that piece? That has to be an incredible 1/1 piece... I mean a perfect Ruth auto on a sheet which shows his actual hand print! I mean whoaaaaaa!

Ruth was having his personality analyzed by an Atlanta-Based "palm-reader" of sorts. Using the palm prints, finger spacing, and impression intensity, she developed a personality profile for Ruth.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I am not casting judgement on the cards themselves but we all want innovation and thinking outside the box from the card companies and when a unique idea comes up it is downplayed as being stupid. It is an interesting idea but not one I would personally be purchasing but it is kinda cool in my opinion. Is the ssue the player and not the actual card itself? If this was Jeter wouldnt everyone be falling all over themselves for a card such as this?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=2442]mchenrycards[/MENTION] - I think the idea is actually pretty awesome and I'd love to have something like this for Belle but assuming things like this will have HUGE price tags, just my guess. I think people are either (A) knocking the player in this example or (B) knocking that the auction is actually for the shirt the one guy was wearing and NOT for any of the cards? Just odd IMO.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I'm kinda surprised anyone would let their hand print be used nowadays with the way everyone is hypersensitive to their personal footprint.

Fordman

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
$8,000 is RIDICULOUS starting price. IF, the piece is worth that to several collectors, then it will get there in bidding eventually. Let the bidding activity create some excitement! High starting prices in an auction format just bug me.

I personally don't care for the handprint idea in general. Large pieces like that have never caught on with most collectors, so a few people will scoop them and the rest of us will be looking at them funny.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm kinda surprised anyone would let their hand print be used nowadays with the way everyone is hypersensitive to their personal footprint.

Fordman

Very true... I'd have to take a closer look but you'd hope it didn't have a clean finger print but it probably does lol

I like it, imagine a Muhammad Ali one!

That'd be NUTS!

$8,000 is RIDICULOUS starting price. IF, the piece is worth that to several collectors, then it will get there in bidding eventually. Let the bidding activity create some excitement! High starting prices in an auction format just bug me.

I personally don't care for the handprint idea in general. Large pieces like that have never caught on with most collectors, so a few people will scoop them and the rest of us will be looking at them funny.
Couldn't agree more with $8k being stupid high and not something people will pay. For real though, do people understand it's for the shirt and NOT the card? I mean the auction is SO sneaky when it comes to what it's actually for.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
To the OP, I'm confused, the dude who works for Topps is selling the shirt he wore during this at auction!? Haha that's just funny right there... for a minute it looks like it's the actual card and it's the 1/1... people are trying to be too damn creative with their listings. Also, what does Topps think of this?

Yeah it actually took me awhile to realize the card wasn't included in the auction, not that I would buy it anyways as this guy seems to think an 1986 Donruss is still worth over $100 judging buy whats he asking for his other auctions, lol

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I kind of like it. However - I see him dual-signing cards, which I don't understand.

I actually don't mind the look of the hand print but it looks like only a couple are gonna get the "full" hand. Its also good to see that those duals might actually start to get shipped out soon.

Members online

Latest posts