Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Just since they moved to Target Field, so 2010. Not a long time like plenty of other people, but I thought it would've been cool to be a STH there for as long as I could. Just couldn't justify it as of now. It doesn't help being fresh out of college and having to start paying all the bills either. That had something to do with it.

I have been a season ticket holder since 2002 and we will not be renewing for 2015. The games are still fun to go to but when you can't find takers for your spare tickets for even half the face value it just didn't make sense to renew. That and I haven't had the best experience with my ticket rep the last couple years.

I wouldn't be surprised to see half of the non-business STH drop out for 2015.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
My season ticket rep is the only thing I miss about having season tickets, she was great to work with and hooked me up with a could of cool STH experiences.
We gave up our 40 game pack coming into last season, as the ASG just wasnt enough of an angle to hold onto them.
On person in our group dropped out the season before, so I was left with 15 games, that was painful for 2013, wasnt about to go thru it again in 2014.
I did latch on to a friends group that was looking for a small partner for 2014 (5 games). I went to 2, sold 2 and ate one game because I could not find a taker, even when I was offering up for free, for the game. BTW, it was vs the Red Sox, so not a shat team at the time.
When you can go on stubhub the day of the game, get tickets and pretty much park your ass in any seat in the stadium, what incentive is there to have season tickets?
The giveaways (if you know a STH, you can just buy for dimes on the dollar). Their GU stuff is still grossly overpriced at the stadium. Ive had all of the food there. Beer is expensive.
I love me some baseball, but there is just no incentive to have season tickets with the Twins, not even when there is a winning product on the field, you will still be able to get tickets cheaper to 90% of the games on the secondary market if that time ever comes again.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
I too have up my season tickets, my rep was bad. Never answer question we would have, never had an experience.unless you count seeing the world series trophies. I was able to sell a lot of my games I didn't go to, except the Red Sox series also what the hell??

So long full season, hello away game road trips.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Here are a few of my recent Twins pickups. Got the Hicks for a good price, traded for the Meyer and Killebrew, and pulled the Willingham out of a regular Topps pack.

2013BowmanChromeRedRefractord2-5_zps62a3f440.jpg
2014BowmanPlatinumProspectsGreenRefractord039-399_zps96684dd5.jpg
HarmonKillebrew2014ToppsGypsyQueenMiniBlackd099-199_zps9aa20da8.jpg
JoshWillingham2014ToppsCamod38-99_zps0760e21a.jpg

And I know that this isn't technically a Twins card, but another nice one for my Span PC! It is my first Allen & Ginter Mini Wood 1/1 and the first that I have seen. I think the best part about it was that I bought it from Japan and it got here in only 3 days :eek:

2013ToppsAllenampGinterMiniWoodd1-1_zps11c8d779.jpg

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Anyone here collect twins base sets? I've been slowly working on a complete run of Topps team sets just curious if anyone else is or does? I've also been putting my autographed up/ttm cards in the binder spots too

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Anyone here collect twins base sets? I've been slowly working on a complete run of Topps team sets just curious if anyone else is or does? I've also been putting my autographed up/ttm cards in the binder spots too

I try to, but I haven't really been buying or trading for any of them lately. I'd say that 99% of what I have are pack pulled myself and I just never get around to looking for the rest. Then I pull some out to get signed and never replace them in the set

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Got a few more things from the Boys and Girls club the other day. Doesn't look like a ton, but if anybody here is interested in any of it just let me know! I can get pictures for people if they would like as well.

Kirby Puckett April/May 2006 Beckett
Kirby Puckett August 2001 Beckett
Kirby Puckett June 1992 Beckett
Kirby Puckett March 1992 Baseball Card Magazine (Krause Publications)
Paul Molitor HOF Induction Day 8x10
Metropolitan Stadium Post Card
1981 World Series Ticket Strips - Have 2 of them, games that were never played

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Does anybody remember how much TwinsFest tickets were last year? Twins announced the dates today and in the article tickets are $20 this year. I didn't remember them being that much last year. Was planning on doing 2, maybe 3 days this year after only doing 1 last year but at $20 I'll probably only do 1 day again.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
The Twins were my favorite team when I was young. This is not my only Twins card but it is by far my favorite. I scouted this card for years before I was able to grab it at a very reasonable price. It was hard to find one that I could afford because he has just a couple of Topps certified releases, both being short print runs.

PUCKETT TOPPS AUTO.jpg

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
Twinsfest already? Anyone planning to go south with the team this year? I think I'm going for the last to weeks of ST, work doesn't let me get there sooner.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
With me dropping my season tickets I'm planning a away series and going to spring training again, I'm thinking Seattle for the series.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I would love to go to ST again, but that will have to wait until later. I am going to try and plan a trip to St. Louis for their brief 2 game series next season.

St Louis or Boston is on my radar
Saw the Twins down in STL 6-7 years ago and in Fenway in 2013.
Both great venues for games.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
I'm in the same boat. I dropped my season tickets this year, partly because I couldn't afford to take on more games since another person I share with wasn't keeping them, and partly because I really just didn't want to add more games. It was hard enough for me to get to the 10 or so games I had this past season. Less stressful when you can pick what games to go to instead of being given specific games. I figure I'll use my tax refund on the trip. I've driven through St. Louis a couple times but have always wanted to see a game there.

hrbek14

Jan 27, 2013
Waconia, MN
Does anybody remember how much TwinsFest tickets were last year? Twins announced the dates today and in the article tickets are $20 this year. I didn't remember them being that much last year. Was planning on doing 2, maybe 3 days this year after only doing 1 last year but at $20 I'll probably only do 1 day again.

Yep same as last year. I'm probably only doing Friday again. Seems like they didn't learn much from last year.

Members online