Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1994 Stadium Club Draft Picks Members Only parallels probably do not exist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
According to Beckett: "This parallel to the Stadium Club Draft Pick set was issued only in Factory set form and features a special "Members Only" logo on the card."

I can't find any cards from this set for sale, a Google image search turns up nothing, and none appear in the PSA or Beckett graded population reports. Are these confirmed to actually exist?

edit to add
10/17/2013: I exchanged emails with a guy who purchased one of these sets when it was sealed. Upon opening the sealed set he found that the cards did not have a Members Only stamp.

So, it seems that that the Topps did NOT put a stamp on the cards within the Members Only boxed set, and that the cards themselves are indistinguishable from the base cards from the set.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2009
Are these confirmed to actually exist?

I spent years searching for a Konerko, never saw a copy of any card from this set, nor have I ever seen a sealed set, MO or otherwise, all came from wax. I think Beckett was lumping the Draft Picks set under their 1994 Stadium Club umbrella due to the member's only sets including parallels of all inserts, base, etc. Unless they were produced but unreleased and sitting in a warehouse somewhere, I do NOT believe they actually exist.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
It does exist I saw one on Ebay about a year ago that I did not win think it went for almost $100. Here is one that Worthpoint tracked from 2010.

TOPPS S.C. 1994 DRAFTPICKS SET OF 90 NOMAR&KONERKO R (10/29/2010)...

According to Beckett: "This parallel to the Stadium Club Draft Pick set was issued only in Factory set form and features a special "Members Only" logo on the card."

I can't find any cards from this set for sale, a Google image search turns up nothing, and none appear in the PSA or Beckett graded population reports. Are these confirmed to actually exist?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Thanks! Wow. Ok, so I guess this is a very rare product then.

1_1c58d6ef7359d33d48a90a750fa8a736.jpg

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
A few of these sets have appeared on Ebay recently, but, based on the pictures in this auction:
1994 Topps Stadium Club Members Only Baseball Draft Picks SET 90 | eBay
The cards don't have any "Members Only" type stamp.

The description of this one even says that the cards aren't stamped:
1994 Topps Stadium Club Members Only Draft Picks Baseball Card Complete BOX SET | eBay

So, are these tampered sets with the Members Only cards replaced with base cards, or did Topps not stamp the cards in the set with the "Members Only" stamp?

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Just updating this thread....

I've seen a few more "Members Only" boxed sets come up for sale on Ebay, but none of them were sealed, and in each case, the seller's (or buyers) confirmed that the cards were not stamped, and were indistinguishable from the normal base SC Draft cards.

I notice that PSA and BGS do not have any graded "Members Only" cards from this set.

I'm wondering if maybe Topps never stamped the cards. If that's the case, then the "Members Only" parallel for each card doesn't really exist.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
I exchanged emails with a guy who purchased one of these sets when it was sealed. Upon opening the sealed set he found that the cards did not have a Members Only stamp.

So, it seems that that the Topps did NOT put a stamp on the cards within the Members Only boxed set, and that the cards themselves are indistinguishable from the base cards from the set.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
we had the members only box when I was at Beckett. don't remember the details but we were satisfied that was a legit parallel.

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
we had the members only box when I was at Beckett. don't remember the details but we were satisfied that was a legit parallel.

It just seems weird that with with a former hobby heavyweight like Nomar Garciaparra in the set, that no one can track an example.

Members online

Latest posts