Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olrac44

Dec 30, 2012
1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractor

1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Refractors without "Refractor" noted by the number of the card. Tough variation to find. If interested PM me.

MI Ref NoRef.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Just took my chances on a cheap box set of 94 Topps for the Superstar Sampler.
Got Randy Johnson!
4AEB4363-024A-4E92-87B2-AA5925C7587C-8391-00000C89145EFD77_zps3f5edc97.jpg

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
couple recent eBay snipes.

1998 Donruss Preferred Prized Collections Derek Jeter (55 Copies made)

1999 Topps Tek Gold Derek Jeter 3/10

honestly I may try to flip the collections, the Tek not sure if I got much of a deal.... NOW if it was a THOME that would be a different story LOL

Last edited:

Crump_family

Jun 9, 2014

Here's a Griffey that sold recently that looks similar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Topps-Gallery-Peter-Max-Autograph-Ken-Griffey-Jr-Mariners-Auto-SSP-/191249530148?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item2c875c3d24

It was listed as a Topps replacement and that's supposed to be why it wasn't hand numbered to 40. Not sure if true, but it might be worth looking into.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is a set which was screwed up from the get-go because of how similar and easy it somewhat is to fake these. I mean I know there is a "glossy" finish or whatever but that'st he only difference or way to know. They are suppose to be hand numbered /40 but I just saw one on eBay with no number. I've also seen some IP ones I think. The entire set is just wide open for fakes IMO. This one looks too perfect of a sig... I have one and it's nothing like this. Plus no numbering?!

Here is mine:
b677bdf7.jpg

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
^^Nice Bernie!! The good, 'ol days of Gold, Silver, and Bronze!

Just got this in, speaking of Gold, Silver and Bronze, when Upper Deck decided to be jerks and add in the Titanium (and number it!!)
tit1_zps08ec043f.jpg

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
WOW! I mean it's been up less than 1 day and it's already over $50... something is weird...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380956342756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

FWIW, it isn't my auction and I already have one :)
scan0008.jpg

I think i know who n***a is.. if i am right he is
collecting the set. These cards have been gaining more and more popularity so doesnt surprise me much. It will top out soon though until the last few hours, then you probably will have 1 or 2 snipes at
the end.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, I think I got mine like 3 or 4 years ago for around $100 but will have to look back. Might of been more like $125 but either way, this auction has more room to run... just surprised it popped so fast.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
whoever n***a is, really wants it.

I wonder if is the same n***a that is a nightmare for people going after Griffey stuff. When I see his name, a lot of times I won't even bid. When he wants something, he has no problem paying whatever it takes to get it.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I wonder if is the same n***a that is a nightmare for people going after Griffey stuff. When I see his name, a lot of times I won't even bid. When he wants something, he has no problem paying whatever it takes to get it.

I had the same problem at first when I was trying for my Precious metals set. Same guy and I were always bidding on the same cards. After finding out his real EBAY ID name I checked into what he was buying . suffice it to say his pockets were MUCH MUCH deeper than mine.

Long story short, after adjusting my bidding style to counter his I was able to land a few of the cards we both went after. Then one day I reached out to him because I was tired of the "cat" and Mouse game. We ended up working togther as to NOT push the sales price on the cards and helped each other out. He has been a valuable resource for me and a genuinely nice guy. Maybe reach out to this guy, you never know, he may be willing to help you track some of the cards you want. Just a suggestion. :)

Members online