Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

to open or not to open 1998 Donruss Collections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Picks these two 98 donruss collections boxes up and they arrived today. I was all set to open them but now am second guessing. What says you? I also have a sealed 24 pack box of 1998 donruss preferred. Not the hobby box as if it were i would nt open it but the retail double tins. Thinking i should crack em all for nostalgia

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Group rip and I'll buy the White Sox slot!

In all seriousness, rip, you'll get at least 1 Preferred Prized, and there are enough stars that the odds are worth it.

The Thomas #552 is my most wanted card.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
I have to pick up something for my wife at the store then ill crack them. Didnt take much convincing. Haha. Ill post after the break

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Really guys two boxes and not one preferred prized. Oh well break. Reminded me of the old days. :)
Here are the prized i pulled. Nothing spectacular. Best card was a leaf ripken Prized.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Yeah... You guys strong armed me. Lol. No worries. It was a really fun break actually. And honestly i have spent more on boxes of current cards and had less enjoyment.

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
What about the Donruss Preferred box?

I was so down after not getting my Preferred Prized I held off the preferred retail. Then again, now that the pain is gone maybe it is time to open tonight. I will keep the set of 12 different tin packs sealed to keep with my master set and open the other 12. the good thing is the outer box is still sealed so hopefully that means they aren't searched.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Really guys two boxes and not one preferred prized. Oh well break. Reminded me of the old days. :)
Here are the prized i pulled. Nothing spectacular. Best card was a leaf ripken Prized.

If your willing to part with that Deion Sanders please let me know. Nice looking cards.

Members online