Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Membership Drive Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
I think you're the only one who finds it humorous and responds to him. An occasional gif is fine, but that's 95% of his posts, and most are crude and unrelated to baseball cards, bringing absolutely nothing to this board. Newcomers see it and think we're Blowout-lite. Save the ***** jokes for the off-topic board.

and the part i highlighted above is exactly why i made my post....i honestly have not seen even ONE post that was a legitimate on-topic card or hobby related post yet....though someone else said he pretty much limits it to one thread , i disagree - it seems that he scatters those lame posts all over the forum (i dare say in almost every thread i read) and virtually every one is totally of topic and gives the sense of a 13-year-old trying to get laughs from his classmates with fart jokes (something i find totally useless and humorless - and i'm sure i'm not alone) or worse (did you notice his "buttplugs for sale" comic a day or two ago ? really ?? i just don't see the need for it....(fwiw , i admit i only saw the most recent one because d2r quoted it but frankly that only goes to show that my blocking him 2 weeks ago went for naught....)

Mark70Z

Mar 26, 2011
I used to check out FCB about once a day to check on existing and new threads I found interesting. Really liked the photo threads and some of the other interesting topics as well as individuals single player collections. I rarely check in anymore. I'm an Orioles fan and collector and just check out the Baltimore Orioles thread; that's what FCB is sponsoring? I'm what you may call a "seasoned" collector and that's just not my cup of tea. Just my view, but if that's what is interesting to the members then that's fine, but it's not for me.

Last edited:

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
What about a thread calling out fake autos on ebay? I've thought about doing this in the past but didn't want to without approval from the mods.

I see fake Mariano Rivera stuff on ebay every day and could post the fakes and the seller name on a thread so if people search for them they would come here. Other experts on certain players could do the same thing.

Scott F

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
What about a thread calling out fake autos on ebay? I've thought about doing this in the past but didn't want to without approval from the mods.

I see fake Mariano Rivera stuff on ebay every day and could post the fakes and the seller name on a thread so if people search for them they would come here. Other experts on certain players could do the same thing.

Scott F

You're welcome to start any type of thread you'd like about the hobby. As long as you're ready for some people to disagree and that you need to support your position.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
You're welcome to start any type of thread you'd like about the hobby. As long as you're ready for some people to disagree and that you need to support your position.
I know a guy who just calls everything he doesn't like fake. Seems like a good strategy

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
il_570xN.238873687.jpg

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013

I'll only list autos that I'm 100% sure are fake.

Not sure how I could really support my position other than my opinion being the biggest Mariano collector on the planet. I currently have 830 of his autos. I'm confident saying I'm an expert on his autograph styles from 1991 to present.

Scott F

RagingAcid

Feb 26, 2017
Markham, ON
After reading through the thread, I have to ask if anyone else always clicks the ebay hyperlink? Also, im a fan of the virtural card show ideas

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'll only list autos that I'm 100% sure are fake.

Not sure how I could really support my position other than my opinion being the biggest Mariano collector on the planet. I currently have 830 of his autos. I'm confident saying I'm an expert on his autograph styles from 1991 to present.

Scott F

Sorry...what I mean is just be ready to be challenged...or not.

Again...there are very few topics that are off limits so go for it. Posts that improve the knowledge of our members are always welcome.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
After reading through the thread, I have to ask if anyone else always clicks the ebay hyperlink? Also, im a fan of the virtural card show ideas

I love the idea as well...I would also love to find an idea that uses the storefront developed for the case breaks. maybe some type of collective for those set/player collectors to use to sell/trade member needs...

Members online

Latest posts