Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kellogg's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Now that Kelloggs has inked a new sponsor deal with MLB, I wonder if we'll get to see the return of those Kellogg's
3D cards?

I know the deal includes MLB logos on Kelloggs products, various contests and text-to-win electronic contests, but I have yet to see anything mentioned about cards being inserted in Kellogg's products again.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Topps and MLB could learn from the NBA and Panini with the Taco Bell promotion.

Better yet, go with regional issues.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Yay!!! 3D cards, please!!!

3d.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hope to see the 3D return, with Legends sprinkled in there who didn't have one made in the Absensce time. :D

But without the curved cards, and not just regional either.

And I don't think the Auto'd versions would work...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Hope to see the 3D return, with Legends sprinkled in there who didn't have one made in the Absensce time. :D

But without the curved cards, and not just regional either.

And I don't think the Auto'd versions would work...

Agree on all counts. The last year of the set was 1983, so they never produced a Ryne Sandberg card, which would have been (if properly executed) my favorite card of all time. They also need to make a Hank Aaron card, which was never produced from 1970-1975. A remake of the 1972 All-Time Greats set would be top notch:

$T2eC16FHJGkE9no8fyJzBRYh0yTYo!~~60_1.JPG

I'm also with you that they need to sprinkle todays stars in a set with the stars of the 1980's and 1990's. Imagine having Ripken, Griffey, Maddux, Thomas, Sandberg, Puckett, Clemens, Clark, Canseco, Larkin, Smoltz, Boggs, Chipper, Biggio, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera, Ortiz, Big Unit, Glavine, Piazza; etc all in the set. That would be the best. The best.

Last edited:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Agree on all counts. The last year of the set was 1983, so they never produced a Ryne Sandberg card, which would have been (if properly executed) my favorite card of all time. They also need to make a Hank Aaron card, which was never produced from 1970-1975. A remake of the 1972 All-Time Greats set would be top notch:

$T2eC16FHJGkE9no8fyJzBRYh0yTYo!~~60_1.JPG

I'm also with you that they need to sprinkle todays stars in a set with the stars of the 1980's and 1990's. Imagine having Ripken, Griffey, Maddux, Thomas, Sandberg, Puckett, Clemens, Clark, Canseco, Larkin, Smoltz, Boggs, Chipper, Biggio, Mattingly, Jeter, Rivera, Ortiz, Big Unit, Glavine, Piazza; etc all in the set. That would be the best. The best.

Not sure if they need to start on a retro set with retro players right away, but maybe down the line a bit. Retro players may be hard to get contractually though.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Oh man those 3-d cards would be great. I had a set of 1980 but they were bent and cracked. I lost them over the years but got a set on e-bay still in there original box! I carefully opened and sperated them and put them all in sleeves and top loaders so they worn bend or crack. I loves these cards!
scan2s008.jpg

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I forgot about the Sportflics sets, which I own. They are decent little cards but don't hold a candle to the glory of the original xograph sets of the 1970s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts