Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best Card Binder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys. For those of you that store your cards in binders I have a question. Is there a particular brand of binder that you have found that you like better or prefer to others? I know D-ring binders are the way to go but after that is there a brand you like? I remember years ago seeing binders with protective sleeves that housed the binders but can't remember where I saw that. Thinking about moving some cards back into binders because I miss going thru them that way but wanted to buy the best binder and I'm sure somebody on here has thoughts.

Thanks

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I just use the standard BCW 3 ring binders. Buy lately I've been using Target brand 1" binders ($1.99 to $2.49 each, depends on what store in what part of town) for my Reds team sets. I'll make a team set of all the current years issues of the Reds. Separate them by year so I dont have to thumb through years im not looking specifically for.
I'll try to post some pic later.

EDIT:

This isnt mine but close to what mine looks like:

1122142137.jpg

Fordman

Last edited:

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
2" to 4" D-ring binders at the local Goodwill are $0.99. As long as they aren't already coming apart, that's what I get. Then again, I'm a cheap bastard.

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I get the black 1.5 inch version of these.
http://www.unikeep.com/binders-and-...ers/3-ring-case-view-binder-with-overlay.html

Really nice binders that keeps the pages from sagging plus they keep the dust out. Also you can print a nice cover for them as well as easily label the spine so you can know whats in the binder. They usually run a sale once or twice a year if you sign up for the email list.

I have a bunch of these and they are great - keep pages from sagging and store neatly. If I was more artistic they could look really good.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I have a bunch of these and they are great - keep pages from sagging and store neatly. If I was more artistic they could look really good.

+2 on the unikeep. I forget who to thank for posting about that sale here a year or two ago when I snagged a few.

The only thing I don't like is a set like 1971 topps takes 2 binders instead of being able to fit one of that sized set in a binder. Shouldn't be any problems to put in one binder for smaller sets like a single series of topps flagship (330-350 cards).

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
+2 on the unikeep. I forget who to thank for posting about that sale here a year or two ago when I snagged a few.

The only thing I don't like is a set like 1971 topps takes 2 binders instead of being able to fit one of that sized set in a binder. Shouldn't be any problems to put in one binder for smaller sets like a single series of topps flagship (330-350 cards).

+3 on Unikeep. They look fantastic labeled and standing together on my shelf.

Edit: I, too, use the 1.5" binders, and they are usually on sale a few times a year. Great for sets.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
For the unikeep do the pages sag at all when stored upright? How rigid and safe are they in transport? How much do they go on sale for?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
For the unikeep do the pages sag at all when stored upright? How rigid and safe are they in transport? How much do they go on sale for?

the pages don't sag as there is plastic around all the edges to keep the pages aligned straight when stored upright or when flipping through the binder.

rigidity - you can squeeze the front and back sides. Might be an issue if you layed a binder flat on a table like a magazine and put stuff on top of it for months or years as theoretically the pressure of the 9-pocket page material on the card surface might cause the card surface and binder page to stick after a long time of being pressed together.

I do like how the front/back lightly snaps together, giving an extra joining of the two main parts before you even need to secure the closure with the two outer snap-flaps.

the binder and edges are thick plastic (you can't squeeze the binder edge-wise) and that gives it good support for storing upright.

big drawback to me is the "rings" are molded. I haven't had one ring break from the binder, but I did have one binder where one of the three rings wasn't molded right so you can't join the two parts of the ring to make the connection. I've had 15 other binders (so far) work fine so I don't think it's a widespread issue (the ring-molding issue that keeps them from snapping together).

price - don't recall since it's been awhile but I doubt it was more than $2/binder in a quantity of 15-20.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
the pages don't sag as there is plastic around all the edges to keep the pages aligned straight when stored upright or when flipping through the binder.

rigidity - you can squeeze the front and back sides. Might be an issue if you layed a binder flat on a table like a magazine and put stuff on top of it for months or years as theoretically the pressure of the 9-pocket page material on the card surface might cause the card surface and binder page to stick after a long time of being pressed together.

I do like how the front/back lightly snaps together, giving an extra joining of the two main parts before you even need to secure the closure with the two outer snap-flaps.

the binder and edges are thick plastic (you can't squeeze the binder edge-wise) and that gives it good support for storing upright.

big drawback to me is the "rings" are molded. I haven't had one ring break from the binder, but I did have one binder where one of the three rings wasn't molded right so you can't join the two parts of the ring to make the connection. I've had 15 other binders (so far) work fine so I don't think it's a widespread issue (the ring-molding issue that keeps them from snapping together).

price - don't recall since it's been awhile but I doubt it was more than $2/binder in a quantity of 15-20.

Wow $2 a binder sounds great - are you seeing about 330-350 cards per binder as well?

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Wow $2 a binder sounds great - are you seeing about 330-350 cards per binder as well?

my 1971 topps complete set incl SP's takes 2 binders (9 pocket pages, 9 card per page so not back-to-back in the pockets).

the rest I'm using for autos/relics and PC niche so I can't say how big a modern card set will fit in one binder. I can easily see a topps flagship series (330-350 cards) or smaller sets like finest, archives, bowman draft, etc. fitting in one binder.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
I may seriously consider this....even though all 2700 plus cards are in holders already. ...doh!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008

Bought several of these and put cards in them last weekend and I absolutely love them! Would highly recommend these. I've used traditional binders for decades but these are better in every way.