Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Orioles' Franchise Four: Who Gets Left Off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I was wasting some time online, looking at the MLB Franchise Four ballots: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2015/franchise_four.jsp

When I looked at the Orioles page, I quickly realized that, while it is fairly easy to knock the provided list of eight down to five, it's almost impossible (for me, at least) to determine which of the remaining five should be eliminated.

Of course, the five Orioles greats I'm referring to are Cal Ripken, Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Eddie Murray and Jim Palmer.

Please help me decide! Which of those five are the LEAST deserving to make the final cut, and why?

Thanks in advance for your time.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
For me, and I don't know much about Baltimore history and the like, but of those 5, Eddie would be off my list...

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I would leave Frank Robinson off the list mostly because I think of him as a Red, played 10 years for Cincy and 6 for O's.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I would leave Frank Robinson off the list mostly because I think of him as a Red, played 10 years for Cincy and 6 for O's.
I agree also.
And definitely add Palmer. 3 Cy Youngs, 8 20-win seasons and his entire incredible career with Baltimore.

I don't think Weaver is eligible as a write-in because he was a manager and it's a player ballot. Otherise, I'd leave off Murray and make it Ripken, B. Robinson, Palmer and Weaver.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Frank should be there. 66 triple crown. And the team turned great when he arrived.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Staff online

Latest posts