Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andre Ethier PC **Revamped**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Alex, do you think Ethier will sign with another team, or will he retire?

Unfortunately, I think he might retire because he'll be 36 right after opening day and he's barely played the last two seasons. I kind of want him to retire so he be the rare player to play his entire career of at least ten seasons with only one team. Maybe a team like Miami would sign him for a million or two to mentor the young players. Or he could go back home and play for Arizona.

He's my favorite player too, and it's been sad to see him deal with his freak injuries the last two seasons. At least he's still the all-time Dodgers leader in postseason games played.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Alex, do you think Ethier will sign with another team, or will he retire?

Unfortunately, I think he might retire because he'll be 36 right after opening day and he's barely played the last two seasons. I kind of want him to retire so he be the rare player to play his entire career of at least ten seasons with only one team. Maybe a team like Miami would sign him for a million or two to mentor the young players. Or he could go back home and play for Arizona.

He's my favorite player too, and it's been sad to see him deal with his freak injuries the last two seasons. At least he's still the all-time Dodgers leader in postseason games played.

I have no idea. Maybe they will bring him back on the vets minimum or something??

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Collection is great of course, but that organization is incredible.

I need to finally do this. I have detailed spreadsheets but am so behind on scanning. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me! I'll get mine done May 2020 :lol:

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Collection is great of course, but that organization is incredible.

I need to finally do this. I have detailed spreadsheets but am so behind on scanning. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me! I'll get mine done May 2020 :lol:

Thank you! I had it with the way it was looking with only fronts and nothing else scanned. I pretty much bit the bullet and just started working on scanning and checking items on my spreadsheet to make sure they matched. Then I had to figure out another hosting option and Flickr was the one. I m not sure yet about hotlinking but I will check out what I can do.

Last edited:

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Saw this yesterday and made me sad. :( Hope things are well and good luck with your sale!

Things are fine. I think it is time for me to try to get something back. I'm not done collecting cards just trying to turn this around for me. Get some stuff done on the house and to pay some bills would be nice.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I couldn't bring myself to selling. It is still mine and will always be. I have added a few items but got behind as I've added some other Hobby's to my life. Hope all is well with everyone.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I couldn't bring myself to selling. It is still mine and will always be. I have added a few items but got behind as I've added some other Hobby's to my life. Hope all is well with everyone.
Happy to hear you still have to collection. Hopefully you have found a nice balance between this hobby and your others.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am pretty sure it was your collection that introduced me to the Heritage 1960 version card with him and Irv Noren, autographed to 25 copies. i finally landed one just a week or two ago. I was able to find the other card from the set numbered to 10, I think with stadium seats and also autographed first. I was not really looking for much outside my normal arena when those came out, so glad I was able to find them so much later.

Glad to see you kept the collection. I guess there is always a time that one must pass on, but it is especially hard to see people so passionate giving up on their collections for no other reason than they lost interest or needed money desperately. I'd like to see any passionate player collector step back and store it before breaking it up or selling out, if they can. I suspect most have some regrets days, months or even years down the road. It has to be nearly impossible to cut ties and never look back.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe it wasn't now that I checked out your page. I just looked back and you don't have either shown in your 2009 section. You do have the single Ethier card #'d/10 though, which is cool. Maybe it was a photobucket search hit that made me aware. Probably looking for Noren when I was building my Dodgers autograph collection up with certified cards of old timers.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Maybe it wasn't now that I checked out your page. I just looked back and you don't have either shown in your 2009 section. You do have the single Ethier card #'d/10 though, which is cool. Maybe it was a photobucket search hit that made me aware. Probably looking for Noren when I was building my Dodgers autograph collection up with certified cards of old timers.

/10? in 2009? The one I see is /25 single auto.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Sorry, since the dual was /10, I just assumed the single was too and didn't go back and check.

Ethier Noren.jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-18 at 9.59.21 PM.png

Members online