Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I had a ttm request come back today. First ball I've ever sent to be signed in the mail

Attachments

• 1374537474935.jpg
    1374537474935.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 18

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
I couldn't pass this up for $4.75 dlvd. BV is ridiculous on this, Low $20 and High $50.

/556
EthierPCScans772.jpg

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] I always wanted to try TTM'ing a baseball, but the crossborder postage from the States to me in Canada seems like too much hassle.

Still with the postage theme, I received some cards from a Zistle trade today. A size 0 padded envelope weighing 2.8 oz, from Livonia, MI. Should have been about 6 or 7 bucks, right? Maybe this guy has some sort of business account and gets a bulk discount?
1374537916713.jpg

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Congrats, and a HoFer on top of it! How did you have it packaged? I ask because I have several addresses of '69 Mets players and to get an OMLB ball autoed TTM would be awesome.

This is how I did it-

10x12 manilla envelope with a 6x9 bubble mailer inside for the SASE. I put the ball inside of a ziploc bag, that way the pen I sent along could not break or leak ink onto the ball. Then I stuck the ball inside the bubble mailer. When I had the whole thing weighed, it was 6-6.5 ounces so I stuck 7 stamps on each. I believe you can only do 6 stamps on the return envelope, but I didn't want to risk it, I'd rather have the ball make it back okay, rather than have that extra stamp

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
This is how I did it-

10x12 manilla envelope with a 6x9 bubble mailer inside for the SASE. I put the ball inside of a ziploc bag, that way the pen I sent along could not break or leak ink onto the ball. Then I stuck the ball inside the bubble mailer. When I had the whole thing weighed, it was 6-6.5 ounces so I stuck 7 stamps on each. I believe you can only do 6 stamps on the return envelope, but I didn't want to risk it, I'd rather have the ball make it back okay, rather than have that extra stamp

Thanks for the info!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
@clarkzac I always wanted to try TTM'ing a baseball, but the crossborder postage from the States to me in Canada seems like too much hassle.

Still with the postage theme, I received some cards from a Zistle trade today. A size 0 padded envelope weighing 2.8 oz, from Livonia, MI. Should have been about 6 or 7 bucks, right? Maybe this guy has some sort of business account and gets a bulk discount?
View attachment 19648

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

I don't know how the hell that thing made it there for that price. Even if he ships a lot there is know discount for international that I'm a where of. My cousin works for the USPS system and said they rape even one now no matter what. It is becuase they have always lost money on international mail, and they need to fund the pensions of the future workers. It is a true story about the pension thing

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
No problem at all. Take a year if you need to.

Haha, it won't take me that long! I finally got a printer working so no need to go to the PO for postage, I just need to get some bubble mailers ordered soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts