Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Verlander Gets Screwed Out Of AL CY Young (But Kate Upton Wins the Internet)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If I had someone who was ready to make such a tweet on my behalf I would marry her in a second.

Don't be shy, Kate. Tell us how you really feel.

Let's face it, kids - nothing about 2016 makes sense.

Kate Upton ‏@KateUpton
Hey @MLB I thought I was the only person allowed to f*** Justin Verlander ?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

Kate Upton ‏@KateUpton
He had the majority of 1st place votes and 2 writers didn't have him on their ballots?!! can you pick more out of touch people to vote?@MLB

Kate Upton ‏@KateUpton
Sorry Rick but you didn't get any 1st place votes? you didn't win. #ByeFelicia @MLB keep up with the times and fire those writers

Evan Drellich came up with a great title for this - "Justin and Kate Plus Hate".

Last edited:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Fred Goodall and Bill Chastain, both out of Tampa, left him off. In case Kate is reading this site and wants to troll them.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I would have voted for Porcello too.

But at least one of the two Tampa writers who didn't have Verlander on his ballot should have the priveledge taken away for a big reason.

from ESPN:

Chastain said he sent in his ballot a week early, thinking nothing in the final days of the regular season would change his mind. Verlander, though, allowed just one run over his final two starts (14.2 innings), going 1-1 and watching his ERA drop from 3.21 to 3.04.

"At the time, I thought I picked the best five guys," Chastain told the Daily News. "Maybe I should have waited until the end. When I voted, it looked pretty clear to me."

So the idiot sent in his ballot when pitchers still had two starts left!
Not only did Verlander's ERA drop dramatically during that span, but what if Porcello had let up 20 runs in those two games?
Take that lazy writer's voting card away.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Let it be known I'm a Sox fan and porcello was one of the few bright spots on my fantasy team this year, but am I the only one who thinks kluber came out underappreciated in the voting? That staff had several strong people but he was the one that help it down April to September, I was surprised he was third.

Members online