Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
In addition, I just picked up a Mike Piazza numbered ***/600 on the back. I have seen ones marked SAMPLE on the back, but never one like this. Has anyone else ever come across one like this?

Cards serial numbered in that manner were intended as "in-house" proofs for final design confirmation amongst the powers that be. They're often referred to as Executive Promos, and generally believed to be printed in quantities of 10 copies or less. Dozens, if not hundreds of Executive Promo sets, and multiples therein, were released through the DLP Bankruptcy liquidation. I've been lucky to pick up quite a few over the years, but prices are much more strong these days.

Is this the card you purchased, or did you purchase the "Mirage" variety?

img693.jpg
img694.jpg

gpenko826

Feb 15, 2011
Cards serial numbered in that manner were intended as "in-house" proofs for final design confirmation amongst the powers that be. They're often referred to as Executive Promos, and generally believed to be printed in quantities of 10 copies or less. Dozens, if not hundreds of Executive Promo sets, and multiples therein, were released through the DLP Bankruptcy liquidation. I've been lucky to pick up quite a few over the years, but prices are much more strong these days.

Is this the card you purchased, or did you purchase the "Mirage" variety?

img693.jpg
img694.jpg

That would be the one I purchased. Is the copy you scanned yours? I'm pretty happy I have an Executive Proof....

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Looks like Jared bought it. The 3 of us all bid $25.00 on the first offer. You know if you want to get rid of it magicpapa will happily get it from you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Sorry for beating you out. I am trying to complete my Epix run for Jeter's and needed this one to go with the set.

Speaking of that I got the 1908 Epix Moment Emerald Friday so I completed my set didn't care about the header cards. Congrats Jared.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Thanks Chris... We will both be posting a lot of pics on here next week:)

I have been lazy on scans might start from the beginning you will have to send me scans on the card your making when it's done.

Members online

No members online now.