Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone remember Mariners Superstar Michael Morse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
okay, I see that there are others in similar situations, but I must add that at least you guys have history, and passion. You guys have "baseball"...Seattle has one or two blips of excitement in its history, and really not much passion. Ball games at Safeco Field are mere social events. When I look around, I feel like 70% of the people are not even watching the game.

You are correct. These days going to Safeco for a game is more of a social event. More and more people i know just buy the cheap seat tickets to go straight to the beer garden. Baseball in Seattle hasn't been the same since that fabled 95 season. I even hate hearing Riz still talking about the 116 game winning season. It was 12 years ago.... and all you hear on the radio now is "rebuilding" but they do with it broken players coming out of their prime. I still go to Mariners games... but these days I go for the visiting teams. With our owners I wouldn't be surprised if Zunino gets traded for jumbo tron light bulbs and Montero is tagged as a "franchise" DH/C/1B.

On the bright side... Kendrys is a great player.

joeya2001

Oct 4, 2012
This!

I think this device used to be called a phone; don't know anymore!

Idk if arod and Johnson were in there prime, But They were really Good, id take texas arod and arizona Johnson as there prime years imo.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Morse gets hit in his hand and was put on the DL.. Anyone who has had a hand injury knows it takes time to over come the pain.. Yes youfight thru it, but when you are swinging, you get a tiny shock up your hand which makes you change your swing a little..

Go down to Tacoma and see who we will be watching in the near future.. With Zunino knocking the XXXX out of the ball.. how much longer can they leave him down there.. (since Monter is sucking)..

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Morse gets hit in his hand and was put on the DL.. Anyone who has had a hand injury knows it takes time to over come the pain.. Yes youfight thru it, but when you are swinging, you get a tiny shock up your hand which makes you change your swing a little..

Go down to Tacoma and see who we will be watching in the near future.. With Zunino knocking the XXXX out of the ball.. how much longer can they leave him down there.. (since Monter is sucking)..

Carlos Peguero to the rescue! :benson:

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
The M's weren't going to win this year, even if they blew up the budget. I came into this season just looking for a better showing, and for the team to look like they're heading in a positive direction. It'd be nice to have Asdrubal Cabrera or Shin-Soo Choo right now. Or, howabout Strasburg instead of Ackley? Smoak has been a disappointment so far. Montero is still really young, and his track record suggests he'll eventually find it, but he's been a disappointment so far. The rebuild is centered around Walker, Hultzen, Paxton, Maurer, and the guy they'll be throwing to, Zunino. If they can hit on some of those pitchers and Zunino, add them to Felix, they then have some interesting hitters coming through the system (Franklin, Romero, Miller, etc.), and another wave of pitchers in the low minors. Until the young, talented guys currently on the roster start to hit, waiting on the big four and Zunino is what ya gotta do. I'm frustrated, but hopeful.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
M's announce Brendan Mendoza is no longer the starting SS and Roberto Mendoza will be getting more playing time.

Nick Franklin time soon?

Last edited:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I don't know man, I have been a Mariners fan my entire life and I have always been a "we will be better next year" person, but I really don't know how much more I can put up with it. I am extremely upset with player development and how all of that is happening. We have the number two? farm system in the major leagues and none of these players have yet to make a contribution to the major league roster. I cannot believe what is happening with Ackley. Remember when he was called up and everyone was saying, "he would be rookie of the year if they brought him up sooner"? Where the hell has that Ackley gone? I do not care for the injury excuses, especially considering it didn't have anything to do with his swing. How about Nick Franklin? I will give him 2012, I know he had health issues, but that is no excuse for him not even playing in Seattle once yet. Don't get me started on Hultzen, if this guy turns out to be anything but Rick Ankiel (spelling?) 2.0 I will be a shocked (although he has done surprisingly well this year. the point is, no matter how good we draft it seems like the players are not progressing properly, and that is unacceptable.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I'd like to state that I'm still bitter about the Jose Cruz Jr. trade. Left field was a black hole and when I saw that trade scrolling across ESPN as a kid, and I didn't see the M's getting Halladay or Kelvim Escobar back, I was PISSED.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I'd like to state that I'm still bitter about the Jose Cruz Jr. trade. Left field was a black hole and when I saw that trade scrolling across ESPN as a kid, and I didn't see the M's getting Halladay or Kelvim Escobar back, I was PISSED.

That one definitely hurt, but let's not even get started on terrible trades.

Members online