Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twins Trade Aaron Hicks to Yankees For J.R. Murphy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I bet Gary Sanchez and Byron Buxton like this trade. :)

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors
TRADE: #Yankees get CF Aaron Hicks from #Twins for C John Ryan Murphy. Officially announced.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I like Murphy alot but Hicks has more potential. I doubt the potential matches the player though

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It's Gary Sanchez time ya'll

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think the Yankees would be wise to trade Gardy for pitching. Gardy contract is movable. I like him but for a speed and defense guy he strikes out way to much and doesnt run much anymore. He is on the downside.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hate this trade for the Twins ... I know they needed to replace Chris Hermann, who they just traded to Arizona, but J.R. Murphy for Hicks ? What. The. ****.

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
Dang it I liked Murphy quite a bit but I guess this gets Gary up for this year. Hicks is a pretty good defender correct?

Hicks is a great defender but his arm is not the best. I'm a die hard twins fan and I cringed everytime he came up throwing the ball. Not very accurate. With that being said he can run the ball down with the best of them

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Hicks is a great defender but his arm is not the best. I'm a die hard twins fan and I cringed everytime he came up throwing the ball. Not very accurate. With that being said he can run the ball down with the best of them

Sure has a live one though!

This season, there were 24 pitchers who threw a pitch that registered in the triple digits. There were 15 outfielders. Aaron Hicks had 3 throws of 100+ ... 4th most in MLB in only 97 games!

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I think the Yankees would be wise to trade Gardy for pitching. Gardy contract is movable. I like him but for a speed and defense guy he strikes out way to much and doesnt run much anymore. He is on the downside.

He reminds me of Willie Mays Hays...
Trying to hit HRs instead of hitting the ball on the ground!

more pop up outs than ground outs

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
This bodes well for the Twins signing Korean slugger, Byuong-ho Park and moving Sano to the OF.

Members online