Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another FCB rules post....and a huge thank you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
It's a long read, but I think it's worth it (I'm trying to tell a story like [MENTION=7453]mouschi[/MENTION] ;) )

So a little before the holidays I get a pm from [MENTION=11496]goobmcnasty[/MENTION] telling me that I should expect a package and he sent a tracking number. Well, I check the tracking number, and it's being delivered to California. Umm, sorry goob, you got the wrong guy, I live in Pennsylvania. Honest mistake, it's happened before. Nope! The seller he bought it from screwed up and sent it to him instead of me. But why me? I mean, I think I'm a pretty great guy, but I didn't know other people thought so too ;) (I say that in jest).
Well, if you remember before the holidays, he said he had been doing well so he wanted to help some other people out. I guess someone sent him a message and said I was a positive contributor to the boards and they noticed my collecting had slowed down a bit since I had my son. Which it had, but I wasn't complaining, and I certainly didn't expect this kind of generosity to come my way. Anyway, he agreed with the mystery member, and thus my present was born. Well after a long trip from wherever it came from, out to Cali, and then back to Pennsylvania, I got a package today. Are you kidding me?!
I can't begin to even thank you! This was beyond amazing! You are a credit to these boards and humanity in general! Seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you, I can't say it enough! And also to our mystery member, who through my CSI skills I believe to be [MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION], he didn't tell, and I didn't ask, but I'm guessing! Haha
If I'm right, thank you to you also for even suggesting me!

Now without further delay (as if there hasn't been enough)
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1453775282.458930.jpg
A 2014 Bowman Sterling Noah Syndergaard auto 026/150
I had a Syndergaard auto from a TTM I sent out a while ago, but this is my first certified Syndergaard.

That alone would have been a great gift and I would have been just as appreciative! But as I slid card away, there was another underneath

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1453775468.048694.jpg
A 2015 Jacob deGrom Bright Horizons auto 04/50!!!!
What! Are you kidding me! It's a beautiful on card auto (actually both are on card) of a guy I didn't have, and didn't think I'd have for a long time. I absolutely love it and again, can't thank you enough.
Just proves time and time again that these are the greatest boards out there, and we have the greatest members out there!
Again, thank you so much, and these will go into my Mets certified autos binder and never leave my collection until the day I die and they get passed on to my son. (He better want them! Haha)

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Fantastic! Well deserved, congrats!

And great job goobmcnasty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Great job [MENTION=11496]goobmcnasty[/MENTION] and glad you got some awesome additions [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]. Some good people out there.

Ryan

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
You were right! That read was worth it. Glad to see people keeping this hobby great and those cards look fantastic.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
thumbs_up.jpg

Members online

Latest posts