Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Got some interesting cards a couple weeks ago. The first is one I was told about eons ago but decided either a) it didn't exist or b) it couldn't be found:

1988 Score PROMO Error (notice the 0's on the back because it was one of the ridiculously rare promo's)
score_promo_error_f.jpg
score_promo_error_b.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
These guys popped up on ebay and after I bought them I asked the seller about them. He said they were pulled off the R&D floor of Upper Deck by a former executive there. I don't know anything about the Ovation. The Treasury card is pretty beat up and I can see the same wear and tear on the coin - this card has been loved. The medallion one is an ovation card that was cut and attached to some primeline stock which the medallion is anchored to. Whoever cut the card itself, looks like they did it by hand because the left most corner is cut into the card (can barely see it on the scan). If anybody has any info on these, please share!

treasury_promo_f.jpg
treasury_promo_b.jpg

ovation_med_proof_f.jpg
ovation_med_proof_b.jpg

Last edited:
From the look of the pic , its sad to say we will not see the beautiful full signature autographs we saw in the 2002-2003 Upper deck cards. These museum collection autos resemble the panini usa autos. Which is a mix between the full and the ballpark auto.

The triple threads sticker auto is a minus but the game used relics look great.
just hope he has nicer autos then the ones i just posted ����

Last edited:

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Great to hear from Don and Joe! So excited for some new Mac autos and gu.

As an aside.....Mark's two nieces (Dan's daughters) live in my hometown and are absolutely tearing it up in H.S. basketball. They are big girls....and really good!!!

Where'd you find the pic of Mac signing???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Great to hear from Don and Joe! So excited for some new Mac autos and gu.

As an aside.....Mark's two nieces (Dan's daughters) live in my hometown and are absolutely tearing it up in H.S. basketball. They are big girls....and really good!!!

Where'd you find the pic of Mac signing???

hey shanks, how you been bro? yea man, im pumped for the new mac stuff. Found the signing pic of him on yahoo. a dealer of mine that used twitter saw the pic on topps' twitter feed. Just hope he does some quality sigs!! talk to you soon bro.

Pretty happy bout this , but i dread the auto that might be on it.

Not happy with these 2 cards i just got back from private signing. Pretty much ballpark style. And this is from a PAID signing.

Compared from a UD card from same guy who did the private signing in 2011, there is no comparison

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I was kind of worried when he said he was taking 500 items. I also later found out that McGwire was doing a Dodger signing on Jan. 31st.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I had a card, patch, and bat signed.

Figured there wouldn't be many of these signed:

This is the patch off of the Starter jacket I wore in High School back in the early 90's:

My 1991 Gamer:

Cards Fan

Oct 19, 2008
This brings back memories...

Hello all...

I haven't been on FCB in a good period of time. I am glad to see that the McGwire thread is still going strong. The thread required me to go through some of my favorite Mark McGwire items. One of my favorite auto'd cards is displayed below.

McGwire_92_Colla_Auto_25.jpg

Thank you,

Karl

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Im in the minority but I still think the abbreviated auto is beautiful

Members online

Latest posts