Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looking to Build A Game Used/Auto Box O Goodies - Any Interest?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Box is back! Lots of different items than when it left but some originals too. I think it is improved. Dbacks fan and walk would like to participate in round two. I had some reservations for both in round one due to the items they were proposing to send as starter material - they were not up to par with what others contributed. But if others are okay with them, I am fine with it. Just let me know. Would like at two or three more new people on top of them.

I will post my takes and adds later on. Off to a LL game.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Very cool everyone. I don't think I have enough to participate in round 2 but think this turned out great for everyone. Such a cool idea.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Glad it made it back home, Bill.

Make sure you take that custom Musial for yourself. It's a beauty!

I don't have enough good stuff to participate in the next round, but I look forward to lurking.

Thanks again to all for a fun and successful first round.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Glad it made it back home, Bill.

Make sure you take that custom Musial for yourself. It's a beauty!

I don't have enough good stuff to participate in the next round, but I look forward to lurking.

Thanks again to all for a fun and successful first round.

I took the Musial for my son. Here is the full tally of what I removed.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1402447038.248256.jpg

My additions are coming. I'm undecided on a few items and what direction I want to go.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Putting these into the box:

Martin Perez Gold Jersey /50
Goldschmidt Jersey/Auto /75
Chavez 3 color patch /35
LaRoche 2 color patch /35
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1402450952.008597.jpg

Davis auto
Johnson refractor auto /500
Romero auto
Austin auto
Betances refractor auto /499
Mondesi sepia auto /75
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1402451040.257374.jpg

Lee auto
Crawford auto
Hellickson blue refractor auto /150 BGS 9.5/10
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1402451188.392281.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Awesome Musial Bill.

Thanks, Dan.

All - Dan send me some paypal to buy some cards to add to the box. He left it open ended and I decided to go with two nice cards instead of a bunch of $1-2 game used/autos.

These will be added to round 2, compliments of Dan (he may want in just to nab the Berra for himself! LOL). Please note, these are taken from eBay images. They are the same cards, but not the exact cards.

Attachments

• berra.JPG
    berra.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 19
  • craig.JPG
    craig.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 19

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Glad to help out. I may be able to toss a few more bucks towards some cards for the box before it starts, not sure yet.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Yo - if I ever undercut the box this bad in the future, please call me out on it! I had no idea on the value of a few of the cards I pulled and I think I owe this box a lot more, so I will get on that and find some additional stuff to add.

Also, I'd like to get some new peeps to participate, so talk it up with other FCB members that are credible and long standing members that we can add in here!

Thanks!
Bill

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Hi guys I really enjoy reading this thread and wanted to contribute to this next round of the box. I spoke with Bill and he said it would be ok if I did a contest. I really like that the box has started to contain nicer cards, so in an effort to get more nice stuff in the box I wanted run this contest. In this next round whomever puts in the nicest single card, as voted on by the participants (each participant gets one vote and you can't vote for yourself) will receive a $20 betting ticket on the team of there choice to win the world series, for those that collected in the 90's it will kind of be like the 1994 Topps stadium Super Team cards but this time for real money instead of a set of stadium cards. If you are the winner I can give you an approximation of the odds on each team to win before you decide and there are instructions for cashing the ticket on the back of the ticket. If for some reason you aren't the gambling type let me know and we can work something out. Anyways hope this is a fun contest and I can't wait to see what gets added to the new box.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Hi guys I really enjoy reading this thread and wanted to contribute to this next round of the box. I spoke with Bill and he said it would be ok if I did a contest. I really like that the box has started to contain nicer cards, so in an effort to get more nice stuff in the box I wanted run this contest. In this next round whomever puts in the nicest single card, as voted on by the participants (each participant gets one vote and you can't vote for yourself) will receive a $20 betting ticket on the team of there choice to win the world series, for those that collected in the 90's it will kind of be like the 1994 Topps stadium Super Team cards but this time for real money instead of a set of stadium cards. If you are the winner I can give you an approximation of the odds on each team to win before you decide and there are instructions for cashing the ticket on the back of the ticket. If for some reason you aren't the gambling type let me know and we can work something out. Anyways hope this is a fun contest and I can't wait to see what gets added to the new box.

Sounds pretty cool, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts