Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Tournament 3 - Multi Player Relic Winner and Vacation Announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
[MENTION=5961]MisterT[/MENTION]

Couple better scans of the Stanton-Cargo dual relic for round 2:

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• STANTON.CARGO.DUAL.REF.RELIC.99.11BS.NS.jpg
    STANTON.CARGO.DUAL.REF.RELIC.99.11BS.NS.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 82
  • STANTON.CARGO.DUAL.REF.RELIC.99.B.11B.NS.jpg
    STANTON.CARGO.DUAL.REF.RELIC.99.B.11B.NS.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 80

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The triple wins hands down.

The triple patches have character and history.
The Dual, well, they're just plain jersey swatches, nothing to be excited about.

The triple gets my vote.

Fordman

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Oh yeah, you're right! From a 68 or 69 jersey, when he was coach.

ea88d5924fc8081608a6bf215867c3cb.jpg

Exactly, his 1968 jersey and I found the Hunt Auction it was from (this post might have got lost on the last page):

Thanks guys! I'm voting for the triple as well, more in comparison to the dual it is up against. For further fun information, I created a thread about this card last year when I picked it up that explains where the Satchel Paige patch came from during his Coach days :) It is a fun read if any of you get a moment to take a look: My new PC pickup - CRAZY logo patches and a possible jersey auction match!

If you want a quick link to the Hunt Auction the particular jersey came from, you can find it here as well: Hunt Auctions, LLC

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Some really impressive cards so far!

Here is bracket 3:

attachment.php

We have a Sweet Swatch Quad /25
attachment.php

And a dual auto relic /10
attachment.php

Great stuff!

Attachments

• Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 68
  • RStadlerASU22 - mulit player relic Sized.jpg
    RStadlerASU22 - mulit player relic Sized.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 66
  • alexs64 - multi player relic - sized.jpg
    alexs64 - multi player relic - sized.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 65

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'll state why I picked that Quad. Besides being a Clark collector and liking Wills patch, I really like the player selection on it. The 4 pictured were players I grew up watching in the mid 80s/90s. 3 Hall of Famers and a favorite player. Clark has a nice patch and Sandberg has cool texture. I def wish there were color breaks in the Ozzie and Schmidt, but they are part of the patch regardless.

I'll throw my vote to the quad. I like the layout and on card autos for the booklet, but in terms of memorabilia, I prefer the quad.

Ryan

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I like the quad myself for the player selection and design. Yes, there should be more color variation on the Schmidt and Smith patches but you see the threads and know they're patches.

The booklet is a nice card to have but I'm not a big fan of booklet cards. The design is nice and the autos are on card. The Kemp patch it nice as well but it looks like they barely put any patch on the Ethier.

I'm only voting for the quad because of player selection.

Fordman

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I'm gonna vote for the booklet.

This one is really tough IMO. As tempting as it is to vote for the quad with great player selection and my lack of feelings about Kemp/Ethier that isn't really voting for "the cards themselves". Plus I myself collect and appreciate the "lesser stars". In an age where we've all started to question "relics", the inclusion of autographs and a lower print run help. Dual Patch booklet with on card autographs takes the edge for me in the end. I'm posting now because if I look at them any longer I'll probably decide that I'm so sick of Topps' redundant use of PhotoShop filters that I'll change my mind for the 4th time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Quad Patch because I think card looks better and uses non-photoshopped/edited player pictures

On a somewhat related note that factored into my decision, I dislike booklets because I think they go beyond the definition a traditional card - they're two separate and individual cards that are attached and called one. So I view the Quad going up against a single Kemp card and a single Either card that are connected by a piece of cloth.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
This is a really tough choice! I favor both sets these cards are from. The on card autos add a beautiful look and the quad patch has four outstanding HOFers. I am 49%-51% on this one. I choose the quad ONLY because the Ethier has only a sliver of patch. Although the quad has a few single color patches, the dual has the same as well so I am 100% defaulting on amount of patches shown on this vote as again bit cards are from two sets I highly enjoy !

Members online

No members online now.