Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just liquidated the collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
ah dude...best of luck to u..

hope u would reconsider at least holding onto the mays n aaron, the cards that rarely ever pop up in case you decide to start back

dave

Sent from my iPhone using FCB Gangnam Style mobile app
All the rare stuff is going. It was a little tough and I may wish I had some of them back down the line, but if the time comes I'll enjoy the chase again. Probably the toughest card to give up was the Jackie Robinson Cut, but the time had come.

So the girl needs some bigger and better things, or she is leaving.:twisted: Good call my friend, See a happy wife (girlfriend) is a happy life. Just ask me I have been married for over 22 years to the same gold digger :lol: Only she is the one that has the gold............Me

Good luck on the new chapter of your life.

In this case that's not the reason but I definitely agree lol.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Wow Top, Good luck and you have always handled things like a professional and I thank you for that. Once you get settled in after a couple of year or sooner come back. Weird seeing the sig empty :lol:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
This is one i didnt see coming. Good luck w/ work and grad school. Its certainly something i couldnt do at the same time.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Good luck Top, Always enjoyed reading your posts. You've always been one of the most interesting posters on this board, so hopefully you'll keep sharing your interesting thoughts.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Sorry to see you go, but it sounds like the right decision for you right now. I hope you'll still hang around here now and then. Best of luck to you.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Good luck Top, Always enjoyed reading your posts. You've always been one of the most interesting posters on this board, so hopefully you'll keep sharing your interesting thoughts.

Have not seen you around in ages. How have you been? I appreciate the sentiments and imagine I'll still be around. I've been in the hobby too long and spent too much time with too many people to walk away, even if the collection itself is gone.

Looking at the names of the people in this post reminds me of what I love about this board. So many knowledgeable and great guys here who I've had the pleasure of dealing with over the years... and many others who I never dealt with personally but love reading and seeing the collections...

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I had to do the same about a year ago. I went back to school and needed the money. It was tough parting with everything but I have no regrets. They are just cards after all.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Oh man, sorry to hear that you had some of my more favorite stuff on the board. When it's gotta go it's gotta go man and I'm sure you made the right decision.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
Sorry to hear that too.

Everytime I dealt with you it was always great...

Any Pujols / Prince stuff I should be on the lookout for?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Best Of Luck To You , its Tuff even tho I've stepped down, I havent yet had to sell out....... I could Not Imagine The Emotions Goin On In You

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Sorry to hear that too.

Everytime I dealt with you it was always great...

Any Pujols / Prince stuff I should be on the lookout for?

I did nothing more than reciprocate the professionalism you always showed.

Nothing of those two guys unfortunately.

Best Of Luck To You , its Tuff even tho I've stepped down, I havent yet had to sell out....... I could Not Imagine The Emotions Goin On In You

I appreciate that. I'm pretty comfortable with the decision (not sure if that will change when I see them hitting eBay lol). I know the hobby is here waiting if I decide to jump back in on some level, and around here the people will have you with or without a nice collection...

Last edited:

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I know what you are talking about. I have been sitting on the fence for a year now. Sold some off to get a down on a vacation home,got the home,but keep buying. I need to S hit or get off the pot.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Given your posts concerning investing, I assumed you were likely to sell everything off at one point. Were you the person who, at one point, was trying to limit his collection to something like 50 or 100 cards?

But any of this doesn't preclude the possibility of collecting one day in the future :)

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Wow Probstein123 has some great cards up now... :)

fsulevine

Mar 5, 2011
Tallahassee, FL
You shouldn't give it ALL up... keep some stuff for sentimental value. I am in a similar type situation, as my wife and I are expecting in early August! Unless I come up with more money, I will probably be dropping from buying a case of chrome and a case of draft every year (plus a box or two here and there of other stuff) to probably two boxes of chrome and two boxes of draft, and I will most likely sell a lot of $5-$15 cards to fund those purchases.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Any Twins stuff?

There's a Carew 2000 GOTG, but beyond that not much. He is listing my items in a couple of shots so there will be a 2000 Santana Finest Gold Ref BGS 9.5 at some point in time (if you consider him a Twin...)

Members online

Latest posts