Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are printing plates worth grading and opinion on this trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
I just pulled off a trade where I am sending a 2013 Bowman AFLAC Kris Bryant AUTO 9.5 and getting back a 2014 Bowman Yellow Printing Plate Auto Mookie Betts. I live in MA and trade at shows there and also have another Kris Bryant 9.5 with slightly higher subs in reserve. My question is are 1/1 printing plates worth grading? I figure they're printing plates, they get used, how could it possibly come back with any decent grade? But my goal is to eventually sell or trade this Betts, so would even something like JSA increase my chances of selling it?

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I have to think that grading a plate is not a useful choice. All the ones I have and have seen are pretty beat up. You can always go the "Authentic" route just so people know it is real.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Not worth grading. They have the card company's authentication on back. They're 1 of 1 so you're not going to raise value vs. the same card in lower condition, because that's it.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I would pay the premium to have/buy a nicely encased printing plate.

Sent from my N800 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mrpokey

Jan 30, 2011
If I ever saw a plate I wanted graded BGS 9.5 or PSA 10, I'd buy it in a minute, just because I'd know it'd be incredibly rare

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Printing plates are only worth grading if it is worth it to you. There is usually no extra value in selling a graded printing plate.

Members online

Latest posts