Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This forum has been drama free for a few days, so here's some fresh material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
HOS BOUND!!!!!!

Workaholics-Blake-Fur-Sure.gif

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here's my two cents.

Now I'm not saying this is the same scenario as the seller in the OP.

I know I'm in the minority, but here goes.
Outside of the past couple of weeks, I rarely sell on eBay due to various reasons. So because of this, I don't stock pile bubble envelopes, instead I buy them from a customer a quarter each when I need them.

I also do everything...EVERYTHING...on my phone. I don't own a computer or printer.

So when I do sell on eBay, I generally charge $2.50 shipping even though it costs me about $3.50.

I'm ok with this because the stuff I generally list are basically high profit items which I usually can't sell in my store anyway.

Not everyone can or wants to stock bubbles. Not everyone sells often on eBay. Not everyone has a pc.

Here's my latest receipt.

Attachments

• 1402346489194.jpg
    1402346489194.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 33

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Ok you did not like it when I showed you can ship for $1.94, so you start throwing out the fees line. According to Ebay you cannot add on fees to the shipping cost.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-practices.html#postage

Even for 5OZ it is only $2.09 I shipped a 5OZ package today so I do know. There were 26 cards in that package and I charged $2.25 for shipping.

Keep on trying to convince me you should charge $3.00 for shipping. I will be waiting.

What are you talking about? Its pretty clear that ebay charges a ten percent Final Value Fee AS WELL as a Final Value Fee on SHIPPING. They appear in your account fees area as two different charges. How do you not know this? Some people are dense AF.

You clearly are not understanding what I laid out in a very clear manner. EBAY CHARGES A FEE ON THE SHIPPING COST ON EVERY ITEM YOU SELL. I'm not saying that I CHARGE A FEE ON THE SHIPPING COST. EBAY DOES. Damn, just read the post, its pretty clear.

I love how just because you get mailers for .07 cents and your supplies are reused that everyone else is supposed to do the same. Plenty of people don't do high volume and buy Mailers from Walmart or Target for .50-1.00 per. 1.94 plus 1.00 for a mailer and then the fee on the shipping charge? You're already over 3.00.

I just showed you exactly how it can be over 3.00 to ship. There ya go.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
They charge a final value fee on every final shipping price as well as the sale price. I believe its 10%. So if you add the fee, the price of shipping, top loaders, ink, labels, EVERYTHING, its probably at around 2.50. I'm not going to charge 2.50 in case anything goes wrong and I need to eat money on shipping. Doesn't make sense to put it so close that you could lose money on anything extra cost.

Especially if your charging 2.00-2.25 no matter how many. If someone buys a bunch of stuff and you have to send a bubble mailer at 5 OZ or higher then you're already losing money. Doesn't make sense to me!

What are you talking about? Its pretty clear that ebay charges a ten percent Final Value Fee AS WELL as a Final Value Fee on SHIPPING. They appear in your account fees area as two different charges. How do you not know this? Some people are dense AF.

You clearly are not understanding what I laid out in a very clear manner. EBAY CHARGES A FEE ON THE SHIPPING COST ON EVERY ITEM YOU SELL. I'm not saying that I CHARGE A FEE ON THE SHIPPING COST. EBAY DOES. Damn, just read the post, its pretty clear.

I love how just because you get mailers for .07 cents and your supplies are reused that everyone else is supposed to do the same. Plenty of people don't do high volume and buy Mailers from Walmart or Target for .50-1.00 per. 1.94 plus 1.00 for a mailer and then the fee on the shipping charge? You're already over 3.00.

I just showed you exactly how it can be over 3.00 to ship. There ya go.

I was pointing out that you cannot add extra shipping because of a selling fee that Ebay charges you, as you clearly pointed out you could recoup in the shipping fee.

We will agree to disagree.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
This thread also proves yet again that there are always people on both sides of any fence, even if one side are wrong! You ruled that your transaction was neutral and left appropriate feedback. Even if your expectations are unusually high, that is your right. The seller had a chance to try to work this out in a mature and civil manner, but he chose to call you names and get nasty, like an immature ass. The deal could have gone better for both sides, but this seller is doing more to help you than you are to help him, in my opinion. I would probably just block the guys ebay ID and email (if he is emailed you direct at this point) and move on. This is the same guy who while driving will try to get in front of you merging onto a highway/freeway when he has the yield sign and then will flip you off when you don't let him in front of you. The world is quickly filling with this type of person unfortunately.

In fairness to the seller he didn't really get a chance. Buyer left neutral feedback without even contacting the seller, which is what I assume happened based on the timeline of emails laid out in the OP. Nothing worse as a seller than getting neutral or negative feedback without the buyer even contacting you to explain what was wrong.

There are lots of ways to make things right if given the chance.

With that said, seller did go way over the top after that initial message, and does appear to one of those types of people.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I was pointing out that you cannot add extra shipping because of a selling fee that Ebay charges you, as you clearly pointed out you could recoup in the shipping fee.

We will agree to disagree.

What are you talking about? Most sellers do add in the 10% they charge from eBay. That's why people don't charge 1.94 to ship. Why would you charge an amount where you lose money on shipping?

I'm fairly surprised that you still can't understand what I've clearly laid out.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
You are correct. What I meant by that is the seller came out guns a blazing w/o even trying to be civil.

In fairness to the seller he didn't really get a chance. Buyer left neutral feedback without even contacting the seller, which is what I assume happened based on the timeline of emails laid out in the OP. Nothing worse as a seller than getting neutral or negative feedback without the buyer even contacting you to explain what was wrong.

With that said, seller did go way over the top after that initial message, and does appear to one of those types of people.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
You are correct. What I meant by that is the seller came out guns a blazing w/o even trying to be civil.

Yeah that was ridiculous. I have had my fair share of iffy ebay transactions, but thankfully nothing that obnoxious.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011

Here's what I thought before leaving feedback:

If I message the seller and express that shipping was too costly and the cards were not properly packed, what exactly am I supposed to do after that? If I asked for a partial refund (which I did/do not want), that would be construed as feedback extortion.

What is the end game in contacting the seller first? Honest question.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Here's what I thought before leaving feedback:

If I message the seller and express that shipping was too costly and the cards were not properly packed, what exactly am I supposed to do after that? If I asked for a partial refund (which I did/do not want), that would be construed as feedback extortion.

What is the end game in contacting the seller first? Honest question.

So the seller gets an opportunity to make it right. There is a reason ebay asks if you contacted the seller when you leave any feedback other than positive. A simple message stating you weren't happy that you paid $6 for shipping and the items arrived without penny sleeves would have gone a long way.

He probably would have offered up a refund of some kind, and you both could have moved on. As long as you don't threaten negative feedback it can't be construed as feedback extortion.

Again, I think this seller is a huge ******** and probobably deserves whatever he gets, but it is always a good idea to give the seller a chance to make things right before you ding them feedback wise. Just my two cents.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
What are you talking about? Most sellers do add in the 10% they charge from eBay. That's why people don't charge 1.94 to ship. Why would you charge an amount where you lose money on shipping?

I'm fairly surprised that you still can't understand what I've clearly laid out.

I am just pointing out that it is not allowed by Ebay, that was the link I posted a few posts back. I am not sure what you can't understand about this as it is pretty cut and dry in the the rules I posted.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
What's like talking to the wall? The fact that you can't comprehend that you are not allowed to pass on fees to the buyer.

Forgive me if I am out of line here, but I do not think anyone is disputing that fact. Everyone knows that to be a eBay rule. Having said that, I believe the real issue being discusses here (left of the topic) is that what one pays to ship varies depending on the shipper. I believe this has been shown to you via example(s) and is the point of contention being disputed/debated.

I also buy bubble mailers new in packs of 5 so they individually cost me about $0.50 per. Add to that a new penny sleeve, top loader, team bag, and shipping cost, and $3.00 is a reasonable shipping amount. But again, everyone can agree bolstering shipping charges to add to ones profit(s) is against eBay rules.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
What's like talking to the wall? The fact that you can't comprehend that you are not allowed to pass on fees to the buyer.

How does FCB allow such an annoyingly large sig photo that takes up the entire vertical distance of my screen from top to bottom?

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
You most certainly did not understand my post. Please show where I wanted to pay only $.50 for shipping for 11 cards. In fact, you are glossing over the more egregious points and focusing solely on price. The most egregious point being:

Ship the cards in penny sleeves. Sandwich them between toploaders, cardboard, plywood, newspaper, I don't care. If I'm going to be paying a premium shipping rate, use the money on some supplies, not to increase your bottom line.

As I have stated, fair shipping price should have been ~$3 on this transaction.

You cannot combine the price I paid with the inflated shipping charge and justify it. Doesn't work like that.

It is most certainly not unfair to leave feedback that I felt is representative of the transaction.

You made it fairly clear in the first post in the thread that you left neutral feedback because the seller wouldn't combine shipping to your liking. Unless you are trying to say that 11 penny sleeves should cost $3.00 (the difference between $6.00 and $3.00), you were pissed that you didn't get your way on the shipping. Furthermore, if the seller would have offered $1.00 combined shipping for everything and not sent in penny sleeves, would this be an issue? The "penny sleeve issue" is your way of masking the real issue.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It seems that he was annoyed that he paid full shipping price and did have his cards properly protected. He left a neutral, no bigs. I'm sure if they had arrived protected, we wouldn't even know about this.

Members online