Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB's Franchise Four

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I think you need to understanf the twins fan base first. Tony Oliva is one of those hometown hero types of players. Could Carew belong? Of course. But i like Oliva more

I love me some Oliva too but would not place him or Mauer on the list without Carew.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I did the Red Sox. Fairly easy:

Ted Williams
Carl Yastrzemski
Pedro Martinez
David Ortiz

Only Ortiz gave me pause. I thought about Jim Rice because of the whole left field thing, and Cy Young. Ultimately Ortiz is one of just a few players with three World Series rings with Boston.

Let me get this straight, you picked Ortiz over Cy Young?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I voted for all the teams today.

There was only one team I only chose three players for. And that was the Blue Jays.

Carter
Delgado
Bell

I didn't think any others listed were worthy.

What about Roberto Alomar? Widely considered the greatest Jay of all-time and is in the Baseball Hall of Fame with a Blue Jays cap.

Additionally, Roy Halladay is another Blue Jay great as was Steib.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
What about Roberto Alomar? Widely considered the greatest Jay of all-time and is in the Baseball Hall of Fame with a Blue Jays cap.

Additionally, Roy Halladay is another Blue Jay great as was Steib.

It was just hard for me to pick someone who's played for 8 different teams in his career, and none of them for all that long really.

And I guess due to my age I more closely associate him with Baltimore and Cleveland.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
It was a tough call. One vote had Cy Young, the other had Ortiz. But Young helped win one World Series. Ortiz helped win three.

That's a reasonable argument for sure.

As for the Twins, maybe not an outsider's place to say but how is someone putting Mauer on that list before either Carew OR Oliva?

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I know Santo had a huge Local following and Sosa was very popular for a time, but to have both of those guys Listed over Billy Williams?
My Cubs were:

Banks
Sandberg
Jenkins
Brown

Banks and Sandberg were my 1st 2 picks. I went with Sosa 3rd as he was my favorite player from late elementary through the end of high school when his career came to an end. I ended up putting Santo ahead of Brown and Williams based off what he added being commentator for radio broadcasts, it added to what he meant to the franchise which is what I used with more emphasis than just their numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts