Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Astros removing Tal's Hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Couldn't understand why it was even considered.

I mean, everything is padded and rules are changed to help maintain the health of players.....but put a hill in center field.

Might as well put the monuments back in center field in Yankee stadium then.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Dumbest idea in the history of baseball stadiums (having it, that is), and that includes the Malaka-Laka Balance Board of Trust thing in Marlins Park.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
dumb to remove it - it's the coolest thing about the ballpark and makes me watch an Astros game with nothing else going on at the time is more interesting to me. ;)

I hope they don't remove the hill at Isotopes Park, modeled after Tal's Hill. I have fun at the Isotopes games watching the opponents run up and stumble on the hill while a deep fly ball falls in for a double or triple.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Sad to see it go. Hey...if Lance Berkman can make a play up there, all these other players have no excuse!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
All in all, I do believe it's dangerous but it also adds an extra challenge to an outfielder for chasing down balls. That's kind of why I like it. Besides, very few balls are hit to that part of the ballpark.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Couldn't understand why it was even considered.

I mean, everything is padded and rules are changed to help maintain the health of players.....but put a hill in center field.

Might as well put the monuments back in center field in Yankee stadium then.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

And the flag pole.
ys-73-08_zpsfee3jrwf.jpg

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Yay for other people who like the hill! But I do not think it is the coolest things about the ballpark. I think the coolest thing is the over hang over the field in left center. I have watched more games standing from there than anywhere else including a Roger Clemens start against the Cubs that went 18 innings!

dumb to remove it - it's the coolest thing about the ballpark and makes me watch an Astros game with nothing else going on at the time is more interesting to me. ;)

I hope they don't remove the hill at Isotopes Park, modeled after Tal's Hill. I have fun at the Isotopes games watching the opponents run up and stumble on the hill while a deep fly ball falls in for a double or triple.

Sad to see it go. Hey...if Lance Berkman can make a play up there, all these other players have no excuse!

I always liked it!!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
It was a stupid concept from the start.

A massive hill in center, with a hundred foot pole in the middle of it that's IN PLAY no matter how high the ball hits off of it?

Good riddance.

Members online