Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Help Me complete my master set of 1998 Donruss Preferred (PLEASE!!) :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Me too. Here are all the tins together. green/silver/gold and the set of 12 sealed retail double tins. Minus the three mini Golds I need... hopefully i can find them soon. I know there is one in the Gold Box I just got. The Chances of me actually pulling one I need are 1 and 8 as all the Gold boxes had one gold tin in it. As tempting as it is I am going to leave it sealed. Too hard to find these sealed gold ones anymore.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Me too. Here are all the tins together. green/silver/gold and the set of 12 sealed retail double tins. Minus the three mini Golds I need... hopefully i can find them soon. I know there is one in the Gold Box I just got. The Chances of me actually pulling one I need are 1 and 8 as all the Gold boxes had one gold tin in it. As tempting as it is I am going to leave it sealed. Too hard to find these sealed gold ones anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhUe_iB1Qs

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Another bites the dust.
Thanks to Tidel144 (Rodney) for the tip
And it is sealed to boot.

4 more to go. I also picked up another sealed box which I opened to get the green sealed tins out. So i now have 19 sealed Green Tins
10 Sealed Silver and 10 Sealed Gold minis. May have to keep working seeing how many sealed i can get

Last edited:

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Another bites the dust.
Thanks to Tidel144 (Rodney) for the tip
And it is sealed to boot.

5 more to go. I also picked up another sealed box which I opened to get the green sealed tins out. So i now have 19 sealed Green Tins
10 Sealed Silver and 10 Sealed Gold minis. May have to keep working seeing how many sealed i can get

Glad to help, Rob! Will continue to keep an eye out for your remaining - hopefully you complete this year.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Was the large Green Box a Jeter I would buy it from you it's all I need for the boxes from 1997 and 1998.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well, been about 10 days... I am really starting to consider cracking my Gold Sealed box to see if can pull one of the last two mini gold tins I need? Odds are 1:12 that I get either the F Thomas or Paul Molitor. With that being said and knowing my luck. NEHHH so Ill just bump this up. :D

Last edited:

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well, I think I may do it. I may have to crack my Gold Box to see if I can get 1 of the 2 Gold Tins I need. I have two sealed boxes right now a Green and a Gold. I will leave the green box sealed as it will only have 1 Silver sealed tin but that Gold Box... HUH here are my odds of getting anything I can use

Gold Tin of either Molitor or Thomas 1:12
Sealed Gold Tin that I don't already have 1:1.72

so a little better than 50/50 that I can use what is hidden inside with a 1:12 chance that it is one I REALLY need.

Interestingly, I did have a second sealed green box that I opened to see if I could get a sealed Silver Tin I needed with the same odds as my Gold quest and doubled up on a Clemens Sealed Tin. Also, I am not opening any of the inside tins as I don't need any cards in there. Decision Decisions. Maybe someone can help me today and so I don't have to open it?? :)

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Well... said screw it and opened the Gold Box... bad news is I got a tin I already have that is sealed. The good news is if I was going to get a duplicate getting a Maddux Duplicate is OK by me. Also the Gold Maddux I had was /999 which is a common misprint with the Mini gold tins. The one I pulled is /199 which means now I have one of each. I have a few other duplicate tins like this so in reality I did get one I can use. :) I also landed four more of the green sealed tins I needed. So now I just need one of those. I am surprised in 2 boxes I just opened I didnt get one Travis Lee sealed green tin. Oh well. It was a thrill to open and see what it was.

Members online

Latest posts