Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
Thanks [MENTION=2800]chippercards.com[/MENTION]. I have no reason to doubt the authenticity, but I didn't pay much for it.

However.... Thanks for the great deal that [MENTION=11499]Sevilst[/MENTION] gave me, I know that these are real.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 284

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Looking back a couple pages, there seem to be some new collectors out there, along with the "older" ones that I know. Its great to see some new Griffey collectors, and to the rest hello again!

Anyway, I am coming here to see if I can fill any needs auto-wise for fellow collectors. I havent picked up a Griffey in years and my focus has shifted away from cards so I don't plan to in the near future. Time to ditch the student loans and free up some cash for monthly expenses at home. I guess I have to adult now...

Here is a link to the auto collection that is for sale. I've only held back a few bigger ones that I'd like to keep for the time being, but the majority (including some harder to find ones) are up for grabs. I am not looking to score big necessarily, but just looking for market value or a tad less since I dont have to pay the 10% fee to sites. For those "older" members that know me, and some newer ones that I have dealt with in the recent past, I am sure they could vouch for me and i would be happy to provide ebay profiles and any other necessary feedback.

I will check PM's every now and then but email is best. For those that dont have it, [email protected] it is!

-John
http://s111.photobucket.com/user/jpcz/library/Griffey Autos

PS: I dont have any inserts or non auto cards...never got into them and couldnt justify the price. What you see at that link is what I am offering.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Looking back a couple pages, there seem to be some new collectors out there, along with the "older" ones that I know. Its great to see some new Griffey collectors, and to the rest hello again!

Anyway, I am coming here to see if I can fill any needs auto-wise for fellow collectors. I havent picked up a Griffey in years and my focus has shifted away from cards so I don't plan to in the near future. Time to ditch the student loans and free up some cash for monthly expenses at home. I guess I have to adult now...

Here is a link to the auto collection that is for sale. I've only held back a few bigger ones that I'd like to keep for the time being, but the majority (including some harder to find ones) are up for grabs. I am not looking to score big necessarily, but just looking for market value or a tad less since I dont have to pay the 10% fee to sites. For those "older" members that know me, and some newer ones that I have dealt with in the recent past, I am sure they could vouch for me and i would be happy to provide ebay profiles and any other necessary feedback.

I will check PM's every now and then but email is best. For those that dont have it, [email protected] it is!

-John
http://s111.photobucket.com/user/jpcz/library/Griffey Autos

PS: I dont have any inserts or non auto cards...never got into them and couldnt justify the price. What you see at that link is what I am offering.

Has this been updated at all?

http://griffeycollectors.webs.com/

viper

Dec 12, 2015
Ohio
I never thought I would own one of these when I started back into Griffey collecting 11 months ago.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 189

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
FWIW, I have been collecting the 2001 SPx Girffey set and I have never seen the tag any any of the Griffey's or any other SPx winning Material Jersey card. Not saying it isn't legit but, Griffey has 23 cards in the winning material set and all the Dual cards are numbered to 50 and the Trios numbered to 25. Hard to believe they would do a tag and not number it since other cards in the set are numbered. However, Since it is KG2 that is the only card that I have found that has the different colored jersey in them, so maybe.

These are the ones I'm still missing from the set
2001SPx Winning Materials Base TriosB3MGSGriffey/McGwire/ Sosa /25
2001SPx Winning Materials Jersey TriosBGJGriffey/Bonds/A.Jones /25
2001SPx Winning Materials Jersey TriosGRBGriffey/Bonds/A.Rod /25
2001SPx Winning Materials Jersey TriosSGCGriffey/C.Jones/Sosa /25
2001SPx Winning Materials Update Duos GoldKGSCGriffey/Casey /25
2001SPx Winning Materials Update Trios GoldBGGGriffey/Bonds/L.Gonzalez /25

The ones that I have
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2001 SPx Winning Materials Bat Jersey KG1.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Bat Jersey KG1.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Bat Jersey KG2 R.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Bat Jersey KG2 R.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Bat Jersey KG2 W.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Bat Jersey KG2 W.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials KG2 G BGS 9.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials KG2 G BGS 9.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 176
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials KG2 G PSA 9.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials KG2 G PSA 9.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Ball Base.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Ball Base.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Base Duos.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Base Duos.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Base Trios GJR.jpg
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Base Trios GJR.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGAR.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGAR.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGJD.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGJD.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGKG.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGKG.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGRJ.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGRJ.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGSS.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Duos KGSS.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Trios DGJ.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Jersey Trios DGJ.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Update Jersey Duos KGSC.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Update Jersey Duos KGSC.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 2001 SPx Winning Materials Update Jersey Trios BGG.JPG
    2001 SPx Winning Materials Update Jersey Trios BGG.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 167

GC24

Apr 29, 2016
Anyone out there interested in the 1998 Triumvirate set. Feel free to PM me, I have plenty of feedback on ebay.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Hey guys, I am putting together some lots to sell that I recently picked up and came across this Griffey with a few other over-sized cards. It is 5x7 and looks like it likely came out of a magazine, but there is no information anywhere on it (the back is blank). I assume that it is nothing special, but wanted to check with the experts here just to be sure that I didn't have something super rare before moving it. Thanks for any info!

BMaggs

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Hey all, I am curious if anyone has any more information about the 1989 Topps Heads Up Test set? I have been trying to collect these for some time and I am really curious on if the estimated print run is true. "Legend goes that the release was test marketed to a couple of stores in the Pennsylvania area and that an estimated 24 total boxes were produced that contained 24 single item packs inside." If this is true, then logic would say that there is "24" total 1989 Topps Heads Up Test Ken Griffey Jr cards in existence...? Does this seem accurate? I am putting together a spread sheet of all the known versions out there to try and get an accurate total count. Do any of you on these boards have a copy or unopened box or know someone who does? I believe Magicpapa has a copy, and I know BBCE has an unopened box for sale ($4200). Any info would be great, thanks!

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I highly doubt that only 24 boxes were made and that someone just made up that number as an estimate. A better estimate would be either 48 or 72. I bought an opened box with all 24 cards back in 2009 for $212 and sold each one individually shortly after that.

Hey all, I am curious if anyone has any more information about the 1989 Topps Heads Up Test set? I have been trying to collect these for some time and I am really curious on if the estimated print run is true. "Legend goes that the release was test marketed to a couple of stores in the Pennsylvania area and that an estimated 24 total boxes were produced that contained 24 single item packs inside." If this is true, then logic would say that there is "24" total 1989 Topps Heads Up Test Ken Griffey Jr cards in existence...? Does this seem accurate? I am putting together a spread sheet of all the known versions out there to try and get an accurate total count. Do any of you on these boards have a copy or unopened box or know someone who does? I believe Magicpapa has a copy, and I know BBCE has an unopened box for sale ($4200). Any info would be great, thanks!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I highly doubt that only 24 boxes were made and that someone just made up that number as an estimate. A better estimate would be either 48 or 72. I bought an opened box with all 24 cards back in 2009 for $212 and sold each one individually shortly after that.

I agree. A 24 mintage seems very low. I haven't even tried very hard and I've had at least 5 or 6 89 Clark ones, still have a couple. And I've seen quite a few sell over the years without me being an active bidder or buyer. They are definitely tough, but not as rare as some might think.

Members online