Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can you name some obscure All-Star players from the past?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Jim Hickman. Was in one of the most famous plays in All Star history! No cheating! Do not google it. 99.999% of you will have no clue without cheating. One of my favorite trivia questions of all time.

Besides being the first Met to hit for the cycle and he hit the last homer at the Polo Grounds, he also had a hand in a rose of a play at the All Star game ;) . But who made the throw from the outfield to Fosse? Oops, did I give it away?

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Lahair was a good mention. Less than a year after ASG he's banished to Japan.

Very happy for Salvador Perez. Sad that some fans are oblivious of one of the best backstops in baseball.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
This thread proves why every team does NOT deserve a representative on the team.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Awesome list. I smiled at the mentions of Ken Harvey, Lance Carter, and Tim Laudner.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Met Listach, Cal Eldred & Doug Henry after the '91 or 92 season, up in Superior. Great folks, from what I can recall :p

Doug Henry was definitely good people. He drove an hour out to my buddy's house back in the day to look at his memorabilia collection and hang out for a couple of hours. Super down to earth guy at the time

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Listach managed the West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx once upon a time. Spoke with him on several occasions. Great guy.

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
This always makes me think of the 2001 All-Star Game, where half the AL team was from the Mariners.

John Olerud??? Really???

jdowg84

Oct 13, 2012
I would also add Bret Boone (multiple times), but his 2001 season was freaking phenomenal.

Members online

Latest posts