Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Super Sweet Early 00's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Unfortunately, Burbank hasn't had any in stock for Thomas in years, if ever. I don't have either yellow variation, but I really want the die cut even though it's more plentiful. I look forward to seeing one next to it's red and blue brethren.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Speak of the devil...ask and ye shall receive I guess. It took long enough, but worth the wait for that jersey number serial number!

Frank-Thomas.jpg
Frank-Thomas.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Speak of the devil...ask and ye shall receive I guess. It took long enough, but worth the wait for that jersey number serial number!

Frank-Thomas.jpg
Frank-Thomas.jpg

For real? That's awesome! Man maybe I need to mention something I want and it appear a few days later. Congrats

Ryan

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
For real? That's awesome! Man maybe I need to mention something I want and it appear a few days later. Congrats

Ryan

lol yeah, bought it this morning. In all fairness, I've been asking about this card heavily in various circles for the last year. If it hadn't been FCB, some other outlet would have been the presumptive magic touch. The 35/ was just a great bonus!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Picked this guy up today, $10:

View attachment 62827

Still some stupid prices on Vizquel stuff, think I might be able to do OK!

Well, I f'ed up. Listed this with a 99¢ start, and a little while after listing, I got a message asking me to end and sell it for $85. I didn't, I'm not a fan of ending auctions once they've already had action on them, so I figured I'd let it run. Part of me figured it might have been one of the Vizquel guys trying to get a deal, and thought that maybe this had a chance of going much higher than that $85 offer.

It ended last night at $15.50. Oops. Sometimes doing the ethical thing makes you feel like you took it in the rear, raw.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Awesome card. I'll have to start looking for the Jim Thome version, which I have never seen before.

That makes two of us. I did pick up a Glaus Yellow Die-Cut a while ago, for next to nothing on ebay, but that was a freak thing. A lot of great 2001 Donruss cards are hiding somewhere, wish they'd surface one of these years!

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
That makes two of us. I did pick up a Glaus Yellow Die-Cut a while ago, for next to nothing on ebay, but that was a freak thing. A lot of great 2001 Donruss cards are hiding somewhere, wish they'd surface one of these years!

2001 cards in general are tough finds. I think because so many people went crazy with the Ichiro/Pujols phenomenon that there are lots of 01s sitting in boxes of people who arent regular collectors.

Members online

Latest posts