Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone still doing COMC challenges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
They're doing their best to encourage people to help with their database by doing the challenges. The $5 per 10,000 points promo didn't seem to go over very well. I tried it but by around 2600 points I decided it wasn't worth the time for just five bucks.

A few days ago they brought back the $1 per 1000 points promo, "but just for a limited time". I've been able to accumulate a few bucks, but my fastest time is still almost twice the current record.

Anyone else doing the challenges? [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]? :p

- Rodrick

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Yep, banging out those dollars, I'm actually doing it right now, haha

Gotta earn some money so I can add some Mets autos to my collection. Since I restarted playing Thurs or Fri I've earned about 10 bucks, and I really haven't been going after it hard. I can average about a buck every 20 minutes, if I try

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
In case you haven't noticed, the reason the times are so fast are that the people who have them don't care what the database looks like and just keep pressing not here.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
In case you haven't noticed, the reason the times are so fast are that the people who have them don't care what the database looks like and just keep pressing not here.

Doing that wouldn't earn you any points, and I'm doing it properly, and have the third fastest time this week and 18th overall, so I'd say you're wrong on all points

IndiansFan

Aug 5, 2013
USA
Doing that wouldn't earn you any points, and I'm doing it properly, and have the third fastest time this week and 18th overall, so I'd say you're wrong on all points

Ok. Guess all those blanks on the website are just cards that haven't gotten there data filled in.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I think the fastest time is around 57 seconds for the card number challenge, or about a second per card. I don't know how anyone could recognize and type in a number that quickly, and repeat it fifty times. My best time is about 1:40 and I can't see myself getting any better than maybe 1:30.

- Rodrick

SteelBrad

Mar 2, 2013

Yup it's bull. I understand COMC is using this to help but they gotta police it.

My one current beef is how slow changes are being to incorrect descriptions. I have a Austin Jackson Gold Refractor that was listed as Drew Stubbs. I immediately submitted a correction and a week later it's waiting for approval still.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I think the fastest time is around 57 seconds for the card number challenge, or about a second per card. I don't know how anyone could recognize and type in a number that quickly, and repeat it fifty times. My best time is about 1:40 and I can't see myself getting any better than maybe 1:30.

- Rodrick

Even if the person could, my internet couldn't do it in under a minute if I just pressed not here every time! But it is fastest time with 100% accuracy so I don't think those fast times will count if they are just jamming not visible

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I'm still doing them. My fastest time on the card number thing is about 1:06. The hardest part is just tracking down the numbers since the are all over the place on different cards. The fastest times are probably for people who lucked into a series of cards with fairly consistent # placement. After finally accepting that doing these is basically free money, I pulled the trigger on several cards on my watch list that were above what I'd normally want to pay. But since it's like paying for them with someone else's money, I didn't feel so bad about it. And in about a day, I'll have made back what I spent on them. I just wish they could some how group sets together or something so it would go faster.

I think the challenges, and even all the catalog problems, actually have gotten more eyes on the site in the past month as I've sold more cards since April 1 than I had since December.

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Just for fun, I timed myself getting a dollar, took me just over 18min

Edit to add: and while doing that I just moved up to first this week and seventh all time (and this is for the baseball players category) for a 50card run

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
If they had some guidelines for certain sets, this might be more productive. For instance, I usually either skip or put "Not visible" for the card numbers of Starting Lineup cards. Sometimes it accepts it, sometimes not if someone has used the uniform number as the card number. There is often a big 10-digit number at the bottom, but I don't know if that's usable or not.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I tried once. Got bored. All I know is that the Bagwells that pop up in my searching either arent Bagwell at all, or are just plain mislabeled. Whoever is just clicking buttons Willy nilly is mucking up my search results.

Members online

Latest posts