Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value wise, who's the worst Hall of Famer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghumbs

Oct 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
For jersey patches and memorabilia mazeroski is actually kinda expensive. Upper deck is the only company to ever produced legit mazeroski jersey cards, and they only used one jersey.
His jerseys are a lot rarer than I would have thought. I did find these 2 from Topps, but is the issue here that they say "uniform" and not "jersey"?

2003 Topps Tribute - Perennial All-Star Edition Relics #TR-BM - Bill Mazeroski
Courtesy of COMC.com

2002 Topps Tribute Memorable Materials #MEM-BM - Bill Mazeroski
Courtesy of COMC.com

16christensen16

Mar 23, 2015
spencer iowa
His jerseys are a lot rarer than I would have thought. I did find these 2 from Topps, but is the issue here that they say "uniform" and not "jersey"?

2003 Topps Tribute - Perennial All-Star Edition Relics #TR-BM - Bill Mazeroski
Courtesy of COMC.com

2002 Topps Tribute Memorable Materials #MEM-BM - Bill Mazeroski
Courtesy of COMC.com

you are correct they are pants not jersey. Still very cool cards. Move those old tribute cards

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A lot of recent inductees lack star power in today's hobby. Maybe as a derivative of being rookies in the junk wax era, guys like Biggio and Larkin don't excite most people. I mean, Biggio had 3000 hits and had to wait for election, which was unheard of. People are just spoiled. And while the relief pitcher is a spotlight position now, and so relievers are getting elected, I don't think a HOF Relievers PSA set registry would be hotly-contested bracket. Other than Rivera, who cares?

As an aside, I always wondered why Don Sutton was sooooo unappreciated. Yes, he could probably fairly be called a compiler, but it's not like he was completely ineffective, even up to his next-to-last season. At age 40, he was 15-10 with an ERA, WHIP, and K9 that were pretty much exactly average. At age 41, he was improved, playing the full season in Anaheim, a very slightly pitchers park, and he finally got his 300th win that year. He regressed the next season, still not awful, then finally at age 43 ran out of gas. He had a few rough years in his mid-late 30s but that only came after about 15 years of good to very good pitching. He was the ace of the Dodgers staff in their 70s heyday, and led the NL in WHIP 4 times before it was a thing. Yes, he has few glamour stats: just one 20-win season, zero Cy Youngs, along with a 0.00 charisma, and was caught in the Sutton/John/Morris/Blyleven/Kaat vortex forever, but he eventually got out. And yet, these days in the hobby, he's treated like a joke. A few years ago, Topps sent out newly-created, unannounced autographs as replacements for other things, I think it was Sutton, David Wright, and one other guy, a HoFer I think, and people got upset. I mean, he's an actual Hall of Famer, with as many wins as Nolan Ryan and more strikeouts than Walter Johnson, and people complained they got him instead of whoever. Not that complaining about not getting what you are promised isn't valid, but it's not like Sutton is Vida Blue. People probably would've been happier with Blue.

Members online