Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value Help on this SP Jeter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apr 6, 2011
Quick question. What do you feel the sale value is on a 93 SP Jeter BGS 9 with the following subgrades (Centering 10, Edges 9.5 , Corners 8.5, Surface 9).
Yes I have checked Ebay sales, but my question surrounds the subgrades. Do thee subgrades make this card more valuable than other BGS 9's, or is this simply a standard BGS 9? I am not too fmailiar with grading, especially when people are looking at subgrades.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Corners are the most demanding grade with this card, and subsiquently a premium would be placed oh a higher subgrade for them, all else being equil. Having said that, and seeing your corner subgrade is the lowest of all 4, i would assume you would see a sale of average for this bgs 9.

Apr 6, 2011
Very insightful. Thank you

Corners are the most demanding grade with this card, and subsiquently a premium would be placed oh a higher subgrade for them, all else being equil. Having said that, and seeing your corner subgrade is the lowest of all 4, i would assume you would see a sale of average for this bgs 9.

Apr 6, 2011
My other option is to purchase a 1996 Leaf auto of Mariano rivera BGS 9.5/10 auto for the same price... I am trying to figure out which one I want more

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
My other option is to purchase a 1996 Leaf auto of Mariano rivera BGS 9.5/10 auto for the same price... I am trying to figure out which one I want more

You cant go wrong with either really, i personally would opt for the bgs 9.5/10 Rivera. Certinly not a bad choice to have!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
A bit OT but........Anyone seeing the price difference between PSA9s and BGS9s; WOW. Oh and the two PSA10s that sold; YIKES.

Apr 6, 2011
Do people think the Mo is more desirable?? Say I posted both card for sale on this board for $250... which one do you think would get more action?

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
I'm no Yankees expert but it seems like they're pretty similar. You probably see more in favor of the Mariano since he just retired and has been in the news more.

I would buy the Jeter now since his prices are due for a spike as he winds his career down (just like Mariano is experiencing now). I bet the Mariano drops in value a little over the next few years as he drops out of the news, then you'll see the spike before the HOF.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I was leaning towards just getting a nice 8 or 8.5 considering they're pretty cheap but I like the idea that if I'm going to just get 1 and keep it as my PC item, might stretch for a 9.

What is a good price for a 9? Do you pay attention to the sub-grades when doing this and is that what moves the price up and down?!

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I was leaning towards just getting a nice 8 or 8.5 considering they're pretty cheap but I like the idea that if I'm going to just get 1 and keep it as my PC item, might stretch for a 9.

What is a good price for a 9? Do you pay attention to the sub-grades when doing this and is that what moves the price up and down?!

eBay closing prices is your friend. Plus two BGS9s with 8.5 corners were listed last night; watch list and done.

Members online

Latest posts