Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about 2006 and 2006 Topps Factory Sets (team versions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
I am a Cardinals team set collector. I have complete factory Topps sets from 2006 and 2007 that are the Cardinals version. On the factory box it states that inside are 5 unique Cardinals cards exclusive to this set (says this on 2006 and 2007 set). See picture below.

My question is - what are these cards? How do I find them without opening my factory sets.

Also, (as stated in another thread), I am wondering about the pictured Albert Pujols card on the right side of the factory box. I have never seen this version of his card. Any help would be appreciated.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm no expert on Pujols but I think that picture on the set is a mockup and they chose to change to a vertical layout to fit the box layout and horizontal on the actual card. It's the same picture correct? Then he has the fielding (vertical one) and the the team set with him beginning to run to first.

Ryan

Last edited:

frankhardy

Sep 11, 2014
I'm no expert on Pujols but I think that picture on the set is a mockup and they chose to change to a vertical layout. It's the same picture correct? Then he has the fielding (vertical one) and the the team set with him beginning to run to first.

Ryan

I think you are probably right on the card on the box being a mockup. On your statement about it being the same picture, that was ALMOST a good call. I had to look closely. It is slightly different. I believe it is the same at bat and the same swing. Look at the person to the left of his belt buckle...same person with same hat and sunglasses. Also, 2 people to the left of that person is the same person with a red STL hat. The picture on the box is a millisecond later as he is dropping the bat.

(Yes, that is my signed card!)

Last edited: