Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about shipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
If it's 18 singles, then you could send them in a bubble mailer, first class with tracking, for probably $4 or less with good protection. To me though, I read it as 18 LOTS, not singles and therefore if you're talking, say, 30+ cards or mixture of slabs/cards or something like that where weight is considerably more, then maybe the flat rate box is the way to go.

Great point, didnt even notice that until you pointed it out.
Looking at his completed sales, he sells "lots", therefore its safe to assume there were well more than 18 cards in this shipment and more than likely had to go Priority over First Class.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If those who go the way of saying selling 18 cards to one person at "free shipping" but raised their prices up $3 each, that's $54 you up charged for shipping, as I assume you didn't discount the purchase $50 and only get $4 to ship those 18 cards. It's splitting hairs, but the most important one, is the buyer agrees to the terms. Pretty simple.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jul 22, 2016
You're charging too much, regardless of what you stated. Your star ratings will get dinged if you stick him for the full price.

Does it cost you $.50/card extra to ship? If the answer is no, then you're charging too much.
Said like a true buyer. I don't know why people think they should be charged exactly what it says on the box. I use bubble wrap, top loaders and the sort and I charge accordingly. Don't feel bad about your shipping charges as long as they are clearly stated. Why do you want to lose money? I've been burned so many times trying to be a nice guy and being low on shipping. It's a tough lesson. So even at 8.00 you are pretty close to even. The only complaints are probably from people who only buy. Sellers are usually understanding and knowledgeable to the situation. It's so much more expensive to ship than it was say 10 years ago. I used to ship a lot of tools years ago and was spending 7-9 dollars for heavy packages. Now think 15 dollars plus and most of the time more. And not everything can fit in a flat rate box. Also remember you can't please everyone as there will always be that person who wants to pay cut rate and still get a card in bubble mailer and screw down and also expects you to run immediately to the post office once they pay. It's gonna happen but you gotta take it in stride. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
Said like a true buyer. I don't know why people think they should be charged exactly what it says on the box. I use bubble wrap, top loaders and the sort and I charge accordingly. Don't feel bad about your shipping charges as long as they are clearly stated. Why do you want to lose money? I've been burned so many times trying to be a nice guy and being low on shipping. It's a tough lesson. So even at 8.00 you are pretty close to even. The only complaints are probably from people who only buy. Sellers are usually understanding and knowledgeable to the situation. It's so much more expensive to ship than it was say 10 years ago. I used to ship a lot of tools years ago and was spending 7-9 dollars for heavy packages. Now think 15 dollars plus and most of the time more. And not everything can fit in a flat rate box. Also remember you can't please everyone as there will always be that person who wants to pay cut rate and still get a card in bubble mailer and screw down and also expects you to run immediately to the post office once they pay. It's gonna happen but you gotta take it in stride. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Spoken like someone who doesn't know me!

Got my star ratings sent to the ****ter as a seller for doing the same ****in thing as the OP. Just trying to pass along a lesson I had to learn.

Members online

Latest posts