Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK, for the last time, I solemnly swear I will use a sniping service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A card I really wanted (and wanted a whole lot more after I missed it) ended a lot lower than what I would have bid because I got distracted and forgot to bid until 5 minutes after it ended. I have used esnipe for years, but usually only for things that I know I won't be on a computer at end time. However, while I'm chilling like a clam on my couch with the TV and the GF and the dogs and the snacks and the ipad, I do tend to occasionally miss bidding. Esnipe is, frankly, a very nice service (one missed bid in almost 10 years of use), but too expensive for what they do (they charge 1% of successful bids). But at this point, the things I'm interested in are usually so rare as to make missing them potentially project-ending mistakes. What are people's recommendations? Gixen is often mentioned, though I hear it's not free anymore. Anyone else?

PS, I got a sweet double-burn as fifteen minutes later, I watched an auction end several hundred dollars higher than what my max bid would have been. So the one I wasn't watching ended low, and the one I was watching ended way high. Not a good night for my collection.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
1% is worth it to know your bid will be put in.

I've had issues with other snipers. E-Snipe is worth it if it's an item you don't want to miss.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
I've had 100% with Gixen free. I used to use myibidder.com (Firefox/Chrome plugin) but it stopped working for me sometime last year. Before that I had a good 7 years of 100% with it too.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
So it's completely against the grain but I changed up my bidding. I used a snipping app for a while but it failed me twice. I also wanted to be a more disciplined buyer and not get into bidding wars and over pay, so now I just bid my max whenever. If I see something I'll pay $5 for, I bid $5 no matter how much time is left and I forget it. It probably isn't the best strategy but I hated getting mad an app didn't work or that I paid too much.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I use Gixen and pay $6.00 per year to have eithe their main server or mirror server snipe my bids. With Gixen free, you only get the main server bidding for you. The mirror server kicks in if you've been out bid and put another bid in for you up to the max amount you told it to. Never missed a snipe that I wasnt out sniped on.

Fordman

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Gixen free will eventually not work. I used it for years until it missed something I really wanted. Now I use the $6 service and am confident it will always work. It won me a $200+ card just last night.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
So my question is suppose I have Gixon and somebody else has it as well and we are both bidding on the same item what happens? auction...who wins?

Last edited:

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Whoever set their snipe off first. If you set it to go off with 3 seconds to go, and the other person 2 seconds, you got your bid in first. Maybe bid $100.01 just in case? :D

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Whoever set their snipe off first. If you set it to go off with 3 seconds to go, and the other person 2 seconds, you got your bid in first. Maybe bid $100.01 just in case? :D
I'd always suggest adding a weird number at the end for this scenario.

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Members online